Skip to main content

Sunday Drama

I was supposed to sub Sadie's class today, Sadie and I have both been very excited all week. She made sure I had a treat, told me she was going to sit right next to me and be very good. We had it all planned out.

Well today there were so many crying kids in nursery that Ellyn was getting upset so my friend Cori, who is in the Primary Presidency decided that she would take Ellie up to sharing time. This was a plan we had been working on for awhile but it was going to be after they had two teachers for Sunbeams. So I didn't know Ellyn was coming up and Cori didn't know I was subbing. Still, Ellyn was doing well, even with me there, staying with Cori, looking at me with a little wonder in her eyes, but happy. Then they did Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes and Ellyn came running, giggling back to me. When it was time for me to go teach Cori took her and minutes later she was screaming bloody murder. I finally sent Sadie down to tell them to bring her to me
but it was too late, by then she was too worked up to calm down. They had to combine the classes, Sadie left with little tears in her eyes, trying to be a brave big girl, and Ellyn and I had to go for a walk outside while Jane took care of Sawyer.

I finally got Ellyn calmed down, but every time we started walking up to the door of the church she would start crying again. We finally made it inside but she wasn't too happy. I kept telling her over and over again that we were getting her brother and sisters and the keys and then we would go. She seemed to understand, so we gathered the kids and drove home.

Oh, that reminds me. In sacrament meeting a lady behind me leaned forward and asked if I knew the guy sitting across from us. I told her that I didn't, I didn't know her either, I have seen her before though. She said she was about to "take him out." She was just furious, she said he kept looking over at Ellyn and giving her dirty looks and when I was taking care of Sawyer he was telling her to shush. She said "She has autism right?" I told her yes and she said that she had 2 members in her family with it as well. I told her I would just ignore the guy, young single soldier, he'll learn. Ellie was being a little more vocal than usual today during sacrament meeting but not terrible and I don't want her to learn that she can be loud to go out. Although she threw her fit later, when we first got to church she was very excited and ran up to the doors. We were a bit late because Mike called really quick this morning so it was already sacrament. I had to hold her to keep her from running in to get a seat. She kept reaching. So she is pretty good, our ward is great and there are tons of noisy kids with all the dads gone, and I am not going to take her out unless she gets really loud. She understands that we are supposed to stay sitting and look at books and such and I'm really happy with how well she does in Sacrament Meeting. To me it is a blessing that we get to sit and listen IN the chapel each week.

Okay, new subject. My body is making me crazy lately. First off, I have a bad wrist. I probably need to go to the Dr. but I am in there so much already I keep putting it off. It really hurts though. I have a brace they gave me after Sawyer and I wear that sometimes, like when I am pushing the jogging stroller or grocery shopping. Besides that I have this area on my lower back where they removed the mole. I can't keep a band-aid on it to save my life because Ellyn knows it's there. Every time I sit near her to nurse Sawyer she reaches over and rips the band-aid off my back, laughing hysterically. I never remember until it is too late. So my shirt rubs on that sore. Then...today Sadie dropped the old lap top, actually she set it on a pile of books on the end table and it slid off the pile and landed corner first on the top of my foot. I'm grateful that it did not sustain full impact with the floor, however, I now have a big puffy bruise right below my big toe. Also, I have a canker sore below my two front bottom teeth. Whaay too many things on my body hurt right now. I might as well have just given birth!

Ellyn fell off of her chair tonight and she has a big bruise on her foot as well. I might take her in to get it looked at tomorrow if she is limping at all. We had such a nice evening though. We went for a walk, stopped at the park for a few minutes, came home and ate, played a game with Sadie (that was the deal for making it up to her for not teaching her class). Really, a nice time. Mike and I are supposed to be i-chatting now but he had to go put out a fire and so I am taking the time to catch up a little bit while I await his return. So I guess I could give a brief run down of the entire weekend. Friday night my friend Amy and her two girls (Sophia, Sadie's best friend) came over for dinner. Jane had a couple of friends over and we all had a very relaxed, enjoyable evening. Saturday we did a little Spring cleaning in the morning, trying to clear winter shoes from the upstairs shelves, organize recycling, clean up from the night before, etc... Then we all showered and went to my friend Cori's house for her son's birthday party. It was a really fun afternoon. We came home and watched a movie while I attempted to fold laundry- neither Sawyer nor Ellyn liked that idea.

We are waiting to find out if Meags and mom will really leave tomorrow. They are supposed to but flights are looking scarce from Washington to Philly (they fly stand by) and Bennett broke her foot jumping off of the trampoline after the race on Saturday (see why I might take Ellyn in tomorrow, way too many foot injuries going on lately). I told Meags I would completely understand if she stayed home.

Wow, I think this is the longest blog ever. Maybe not. It feels like it though. I think I am done for the night. Blog out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2018 and Another Go!

For almost three years I have been thinking how very sad it is that I hadn't continued to keep a journal of our family activities.  No more deployment letters and emails to Mike, no more family blog to keep grandparents and aunts and uncles connected to our family.  Nothing but printed off monthly calendars saved in a file somewhere.  I guess our family blog died a slow death when we lived in Washington and we were seeing everyone all of the time.  It just was not important to keep everyone informed.  They were right there with us.  I did not stop, in all the chaos, to think how very important the blog might be to me, or to my children.  I have often thought of the cute pictures and quotes we had saved on our family blog.  I thought of the interviews I did with the kiddos, and how grateful I was that, somewhere, on a dusty webpage, those beautiful faces, those funny antics, still existed.  I have checked to make sure the blog still existed fr...

MICHAEL IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!

My Michael is coming home . You can't just say it. You have to SING it. Tomorrow my tall, strong, gorgeous, husband will be here and it will be beautiful. He will nestle into the life of our family and we will have him with us, here, in our house, in our family . He'll help put on jammies and read stories, and tutor Jane in math. He'll take me on dates and wrestle at least one child during sacrament meeting. He'll snuggle me in bed at night and nuzzle my neck while I'm doing dishes. We'll go for walks and play games and watch movies and do fun family Saturday stuff. He'll help carry a kid down to the car and then he'll drive while I put on my makeup ! We love him, we know how much he loves us. We can't wait! Don't worry, I won't work him to death. I won't make him cook dinner every night for the next 10 months or hand over the kids and take off to the spa for the weekend (tempting, but... no). We just want him HERE. I kee...
November 7, 2020, My Beautiful and Wise Daughter, Jane. I can breathe again. I won't be going to bed with my stomach in knots and my whole body feeling tight. I won’t be listening to a President who gains momentum by tearing others down. I won’t be going to sleep worrying that my children won’t have clean water to drink or clean air to breathe. I won’t be going to sleep thinking about the horrific experiences of children being torn from their mother’s and father’s arms because they were seeking refuge. I won’t be living in fear of the rapidly-growing racist attitudes and prejudice—that someday harm would come upon my baby that I have now and my future children. That my sister and my cousin and others that I love won’t be stripped of their rights and feel like they are any less of a human being than the rest of us. If this election wasn’t going to change anything for you and if you didn’t see the harm that Trump was causing, that is great and I’m sincerely glad that you have that p...