My purpose in starting this is to create a treasure for my children and grandchildren. Now that I know blogs can be made into books I have found the answer that works for me. A way to journal, scrapbook, what have you, all wrapped up in one. This will be a canvas for my children to share their thoughts, experiences, and pictures as they grow. I am incredibly excited. President Spencer W. Kimball said: “I urge all of the people of this church to give serious attention to their family histories, to encourage their parents and grandparents to write their journals, and let no family go into eternity without having left their memoirs for their children, their grandchildren, and their posterity." So we will go forward. Mike made up the title and I love it. Thank goodness, I had absolutely no creative juices flowing in that department. I checked out the Lynyrd Skynyrd lyrics on line and there weren't any bad words and it talked about liking Georgia peaches and I have to agree. Now they might be talking about girls from Georgia, I don't know, but I'm going for the literal translation.
Jane and I have a few ideas of what we would like to do with this blog. Some of these ideas are our own and some are ideas stolen from other blogs. While Mike is deployed he will hopefully e-mail me the things that he wants to share or can share. I hope this works as well as I envision. We'll see.
So... today was pretty busy. Jane had Shyah spend the night last night. They didn't go to bed until 2, I was up e-mailing Mike and setting up this blog. This morning everyone was pretty tired but we ate breakfast and everyone showered.

Ellyn hates getting out of the shower. Luckily the two of us take probably the hottest showers humans can comfortably enjoy, so we are incredibly warm when we are done. I flip a towel over Ellyn and she hangs out in the shower while I get partly ready. Then, most of the time, she is willing to get out. Right now getting ready is like waiting for a time bomb to go off. I try to get as much done as possible before either Ellyn or Sawyer feel like I have gone long enough without paying them proper attention. This dressing ritual usually involves several verses of "I am a Child of God" and "I've Been Working on the Railroad" sung about 10 times. These two songs work the best.
Anyway, from there we went to Sadie's best friend's b-day party, home for an hour, and then off to the church for a pre-general conference BBQ. It was a pretty fun day. I was able to visit with several friends that I hadn't seen since before Mike was home for R&R and the girls had fun with friends. At least Sadie did. Jane pretty much hung out with me. We were supposed to watch conference at the church but the satellite dish wasn't working so we drove home and watched it here. They have a new video player on the LDS.org site and I was actually able to watch instead of just listen. Jane went over to a friend's house for a cookout and a movie. She has spent alot of time helping me lately and hasn't had alot of friend time over the past few weeks so I let her go. She'll get to watch tomorrow's sessions of conference. Great, to all my posterity, I hope that hasn't messed Jane up in the future or given you an excuse to wander away from the Iron Rod. So all of you know, Jane is one of the purest little spirits I have ever encountered and it isn't because of her parents. She is a kind, loving, conscientious, kid who strives to do the right in everything she does. Well, conference is back on so I had better go. Plus, I am in danger of putting my future posterity right to sleep. Blog out, Brooke (Banna, as Jane thinks she's going to call me when I am a grandma).
Jane and I have a few ideas of what we would like to do with this blog. Some of these ideas are our own and some are ideas stolen from other blogs. While Mike is deployed he will hopefully e-mail me the things that he wants to share or can share. I hope this works as well as I envision. We'll see.
So... today was pretty busy. Jane had Shyah spend the night last night. They didn't go to bed until 2, I was up e-mailing Mike and setting up this blog. This morning everyone was pretty tired but we ate breakfast and everyone showered.
Ellyn hates getting out of the shower. Luckily the two of us take probably the hottest showers humans can comfortably enjoy, so we are incredibly warm when we are done. I flip a towel over Ellyn and she hangs out in the shower while I get partly ready. Then, most of the time, she is willing to get out. Right now getting ready is like waiting for a time bomb to go off. I try to get as much done as possible before either Ellyn or Sawyer feel like I have gone long enough without paying them proper attention. This dressing ritual usually involves several verses of "I am a Child of God" and "I've Been Working on the Railroad" sung about 10 times. These two songs work the best.
Anyway, from there we went to Sadie's best friend's b-day party, home for an hour, and then off to the church for a pre-general conference BBQ. It was a pretty fun day. I was able to visit with several friends that I hadn't seen since before Mike was home for R&R and the girls had fun with friends. At least Sadie did. Jane pretty much hung out with me. We were supposed to watch conference at the church but the satellite dish wasn't working so we drove home and watched it here. They have a new video player on the LDS.org site and I was actually able to watch instead of just listen. Jane went over to a friend's house for a cookout and a movie. She has spent alot of time helping me lately and hasn't had alot of friend time over the past few weeks so I let her go. She'll get to watch tomorrow's sessions of conference. Great, to all my posterity, I hope that hasn't messed Jane up in the future or given you an excuse to wander away from the Iron Rod. So all of you know, Jane is one of the purest little spirits I have ever encountered and it isn't because of her parents. She is a kind, loving, conscientious, kid who strives to do the right in everything she does. Well, conference is back on so I had better go. Plus, I am in danger of putting my future posterity right to sleep. Blog out, Brooke (Banna, as Jane thinks she's going to call me when I am a grandma).
Comments