Yes, it is true. We woke up to four inches of snow this morning. Beautiful fluffy flakes. It really made me want to ski or snow shoe or something wonderful. Sadie and I did throw a few snowballs at each other at the bus stop waiting for the bus that was half an hour late and would not drive down into our subdivision. By afternoon it was indeed 50 degrees just as the forecast said it would be. Crazy.
So that was all I got done yesterday. I had a Leadership Training meeting that I had to help teach for Primary up in Nurnberg last night. Those kinds of things really stress me out, luckily the subject was "The importance of using scriptures to teach." Okay, something like that, I can't figure out how to say it correctly. It's almost 1 am. It wasn't lucky that I got that subject either. I asked if that might work since I was giving a talk on Feasting on the Words of Christ and I could prepare both. It does actually happen to be something I have strong feelings about. I am going to post my talk on here sometime soon. I always want to save my talks in case I get the same subject sometime and I never do. Plus I wrote this one out almost word for word because I feel better when I know that I have my exact thoughts written down in front of me if I freeze. Plus, you know, then someone else could give it if Ellyn decided to not cooperate. I think that was the most stressful part of the whole thing- worrying about how my kids were going to behave.
We went to the zoo again today. It was so much fun. We went with our friends, the Najdowi's. Cynthia is the Relief Society president and they have five kids. Their oldest is at Ricks and their youngest is 9, I think. They have a son a month younger than Jane and a daughter in 8th grade. Jane was in heaven having kids her own age to hang out with. I loved hanging out with another mom with older kids. It was refreshing, Cynthia is so real. I just realized how much I am surrounded by moms with younger kids and opinions on everything without being there yet (I can include myself in that) or moms asking me everything because Jane is so much older than everyone. So we had a great time. They took us to a part of the zoo we had never been to before, the playground. Why waste time at a playground when you are at the zoo? That was always my train of thought. But this was an amazing playground. A two story slide, a little rock climbing wall, a log swing that about 15 kids can go on. It was a wonderful way to end our day of observing and classifying animals. The only bummer is that Ellyn didn't respond quite as well as she did last week. I had had high hopes. Last week she was looking at all the animals, she wanted to walk everywhere, she was really attentive and it was so exciting. This week, not as much. I think she was tired, but she didn't really care as much about the animals, she wanted to ride in her stroller more often, she was a bit more cranky. She did love the sand at the playground though. My kids were filthy little monsters when we got home. They all went directly to the shower while Mike and I did a brief i-chat.
Have I said that I had the final meeting with Ellyn's school the day before yesterday? Anyway, I did. They aren't going to be able to do the things that Ellyn needs and so now we begin the fight to get back to the U.S. I definitely have mixed feelings on all this, but bottom line is that I can't watch the time waste away as she gets older and older and doesn't get the help she needs. I got a call from her developmental pediatrician's office today and they said all of her genetics tests came back completely normal. That is a relief, we are not facing anything else manifesting itself through autistic like symptoms.
I have to go to bed. I just watched "Juno" in my room on my laptop and for some reason it has made me over emotional. I also am wearing contacts because I had to drive so far today on less than familiar roads AND said contacts are ready to just peel right off my eyes and lay dried and lifeless on my cheekbones. Goodnight.
So that was all I got done yesterday. I had a Leadership Training meeting that I had to help teach for Primary up in Nurnberg last night. Those kinds of things really stress me out, luckily the subject was "The importance of using scriptures to teach." Okay, something like that, I can't figure out how to say it correctly. It's almost 1 am. It wasn't lucky that I got that subject either. I asked if that might work since I was giving a talk on Feasting on the Words of Christ and I could prepare both. It does actually happen to be something I have strong feelings about. I am going to post my talk on here sometime soon. I always want to save my talks in case I get the same subject sometime and I never do. Plus I wrote this one out almost word for word because I feel better when I know that I have my exact thoughts written down in front of me if I freeze. Plus, you know, then someone else could give it if Ellyn decided to not cooperate. I think that was the most stressful part of the whole thing- worrying about how my kids were going to behave.
We went to the zoo again today. It was so much fun. We went with our friends, the Najdowi's. Cynthia is the Relief Society president and they have five kids. Their oldest is at Ricks and their youngest is 9, I think. They have a son a month younger than Jane and a daughter in 8th grade. Jane was in heaven having kids her own age to hang out with. I loved hanging out with another mom with older kids. It was refreshing, Cynthia is so real. I just realized how much I am surrounded by moms with younger kids and opinions on everything without being there yet (I can include myself in that) or moms asking me everything because Jane is so much older than everyone. So we had a great time. They took us to a part of the zoo we had never been to before, the playground. Why waste time at a playground when you are at the zoo? That was always my train of thought. But this was an amazing playground. A two story slide, a little rock climbing wall, a log swing that about 15 kids can go on. It was a wonderful way to end our day of observing and classifying animals. The only bummer is that Ellyn didn't respond quite as well as she did last week. I had had high hopes. Last week she was looking at all the animals, she wanted to walk everywhere, she was really attentive and it was so exciting. This week, not as much. I think she was tired, but she didn't really care as much about the animals, she wanted to ride in her stroller more often, she was a bit more cranky. She did love the sand at the playground though. My kids were filthy little monsters when we got home. They all went directly to the shower while Mike and I did a brief i-chat.
Have I said that I had the final meeting with Ellyn's school the day before yesterday? Anyway, I did. They aren't going to be able to do the things that Ellyn needs and so now we begin the fight to get back to the U.S. I definitely have mixed feelings on all this, but bottom line is that I can't watch the time waste away as she gets older and older and doesn't get the help she needs. I got a call from her developmental pediatrician's office today and they said all of her genetics tests came back completely normal. That is a relief, we are not facing anything else manifesting itself through autistic like symptoms.
I have to go to bed. I just watched "Juno" in my room on my laptop and for some reason it has made me over emotional. I also am wearing contacts because I had to drive so far today on less than familiar roads AND said contacts are ready to just peel right off my eyes and lay dried and lifeless on my cheekbones. Goodnight.
Comments