Yesterday we got some sunshine. It was still cold but the girls got out on the trampoline and we went for a walk. Jane and her friend biked on post and went for ice cream and to the library. She checked out a "teen" cookbook and last night we made red beans and rice and cornbread (done almost completely by Jane) and carrot/coconut/pineapple salad (made with my incredibly speedy food processor that I got just for my Deceptively Delicious Cookbook that I haven't used yet). Elly loved the red beans and rice and they were dang spicy. I dished her up seconds and thirds and then she reached over to my plate. We also used our special flour and soy milk so she could eat the cornbread and she loved that as well. Sadie liked everything- sort of. I was making her eat her carrot salad and she did not want it. I said "Come on Sadie, this was one of my favorites when I was a little girl." She looked at me with this kind, understanding, I (as in Sadie) am the parent, you are the child kind of face and said, "Mom, we live different lives." She is such a stink. I found Ellyn drinking out of the pitcher after dinner. I think she was pretty thirsty.
Yesterday we got some sunshine. It was still cold but the girls got out on the trampoline and we went for a walk. Jane and her friend biked on post and went for ice cream and to the library. She checked out a "teen" cookbook and last night we made red beans and rice and cornbread (done almost completely by Jane) and carrot/coconut/pineapple salad (made with my incredibly speedy food processor that I got just for my Deceptively Delicious Cookbook that I haven't used yet). Elly loved the red beans and rice and they were dang spicy. I dished her up seconds and thirds and then she reached over to my plate. We also used our special flour and soy milk so she could eat the cornbread and she loved that as well. Sadie liked everything- sort of. I was making her eat her carrot salad and she did not want it. I said "Come on Sadie, this was one of my favorites when I was a little girl." She looked at me with this kind, understanding, I (as in Sadie) am the parent, you are the child kind of face and said, "Mom, we live different lives." She is such a stink. I found Ellyn drinking out of the pitcher after dinner. I think she was pretty thirsty.
Comments