So Dad (and Mom but this the boys' half of the story) came down to Monterey this weekend so that he and I could go to the American Le Mans Series race season finale at Laguna Seca. We had a blast following our favorite Corvette racing team. It is something I plan on going to much more often next year. Our Corvette team qualified 1st and 3rd and almost won the race. After an exciting 4 hours of watching the race from multiple viewpoints, we moved over to the grand stands by the finish line. With 10 laps to go, our #3 Corvette favorite was 12 seconds behind the leader, a Porsche from the Flying Lizard team. Well, the corvette made up those 12 seconds and was up to the Porsche's bumper with 2 laps left. The corvette managed to make a successful pass in the last turn and led by 3/4 car length coming to the finish line. And then guess what? Right in front of where we were sitting, good 'ole Jorg Burgmeister in the Porsche slams his car into the rear left of the vette which then tore in half as it slid across the finish line..in second while slamming into the wall. Luckily, word is the guy in the vette is out of the hospital but geesh what a dirty finish. Very exhilarating weekend though. If you have not been to a race in person, at least do it once in your life. Another highlight is that it was the last race (different car class than the Vette and Porsche) for racing legend Gil De Ferran (I know you don't know who he is but he is very famous in the racing world). Well the cool thing is that De Ferran won this, his last race of his career at the same track that he won his first race. So we were witness to some incredible racing history as well. So here are some pics from a fantastic weekend.
My Michael is coming home . You can't just say it. You have to SING it. Tomorrow my tall, strong, gorgeous, husband will be here and it will be beautiful. He will nestle into the life of our family and we will have him with us, here, in our house, in our family . He'll help put on jammies and read stories, and tutor Jane in math. He'll take me on dates and wrestle at least one child during sacrament meeting. He'll snuggle me in bed at night and nuzzle my neck while I'm doing dishes. We'll go for walks and play games and watch movies and do fun family Saturday stuff. He'll help carry a kid down to the car and then he'll drive while I put on my makeup ! We love him, we know how much he loves us. We can't wait! Don't worry, I won't work him to death. I won't make him cook dinner every night for the next 10 months or hand over the kids and take off to the spa for the weekend (tempting, but... no). We just want him HERE. I kee...
Comments