"Sadie, let's see if these pants from Old Navy fit you yet." Sadie puts them on, they are size 8 but they are too long, size 7's are too short.
"Mom, these are waaay too long."
"You're right, you can wear that jean skirt that fits you now today, okay?" BIG mistake adding that last word.
"Mom, if I wear that skirt I will not be able to spread my knees apart like this (demonstrating) and it will be hard to play at recess."
"Okay, you can wear these cute capris that Haleigh gave you (we just inherited some clothes from a friend)." Sadie puts them on.
"Mom, they did not make these pants with room for your knees. Look, I can not even bend my legs." Shrugs them half way off till her knees are in the thigh area. "Look mom, this is the amount of room your knees should have."
"Sadie, put these jeans on now (different pair) and get over here so I can curl your hair."
"Mom, hot sweaty pants?"
"Put them on NOW!"
Yesterday, when I told her she was going to be wearing her tan pants her response was "Wait, are those the ones that feel like paper?"
Can a child be more psycho about pants?
"Mom, these are waaay too long."
"You're right, you can wear that jean skirt that fits you now today, okay?" BIG mistake adding that last word.
"Mom, if I wear that skirt I will not be able to spread my knees apart like this (demonstrating) and it will be hard to play at recess."
"Okay, you can wear these cute capris that Haleigh gave you (we just inherited some clothes from a friend)." Sadie puts them on.
"Mom, they did not make these pants with room for your knees. Look, I can not even bend my legs." Shrugs them half way off till her knees are in the thigh area. "Look mom, this is the amount of room your knees should have."
"Sadie, put these jeans on now (different pair) and get over here so I can curl your hair."
"Mom, hot sweaty pants?"
"Put them on NOW!"
Yesterday, when I told her she was going to be wearing her tan pants her response was "Wait, are those the ones that feel like paper?"
Can a child be more psycho about pants?
Comments
adina