Life has been busy at our house. When is it not? Last weekend we went up to Fremont for Mike's 20 year reunion festivities. Mike had a ton of homework and we've had issues with Ellyn's sleeping through the night so we decided to miss the Saturday night party and go to the picnic on Sunday. That was a mistake. At my mom's reunion tons of people went to the picnic but for this one hardly anyone went. Mike did get to see one of his best friends from High School, Steve Hansen, go to the dedication of part of the Sports Complex for his old football coach, and visit his old ward for church. I feel terrible that I was the one that suggested just the picnic. In hindsight I should have just sent him up by himself to his friend Dave's. Oh, well. Sorry Bud- again.
Monday- was busy and fun. For FHE we made carmel apples and shrunken heads (we used some annoying bullies from Sadie's school) and read lots of stories from The Friend. Mike had to study, he had soooo much studying to do this week.
Tuesday- my friend Jen, Sawyer, and I went out to lunch at an Indian restaurant to celebrate her birthday. Jane had a cross country meet and improved her time, yet again, by over a minute.
Wednesday- I can't remember, except I missed YW because I had to babysit while Mike studied for tests.
Thursday- I had a meeting at Ellyn's school and then two of the supervisors for Ellyn's afterschool program came over for Ellyn's tutoring session. Thursday night I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. researching the vitamins and supplements Ellyn's Dr. wants her to start taking. Not so funny story- Thursday morning I went into the little Health store where he suggested I buy everything she needed. They took my list and loaded me up. At the register the total was $276.00. I thought "okay, if this is going to last for 2 months it is alright." Ha! I got to Ellyn's school and her aide and I started looking at everything while we were waiting to start FLOORTIME with her speech therapist. We had a 2 WEEK supply. I about freaked. Found everything cheaper on line but still expensive, working on a strategy now.
Friday- Took back all of above mentioned supplements. They didn't seem too happy with me. Oh well, I was very relieved. Jen and I ran to Walmart, Target, and Michael's. She did it for Halloween costume supplies, I did it to play with Jen and because Ellyn didn't have school and it gave Sawyer, Ellyn, and me a fun activity for the morning.
Saturday- Jane and I went for a run. Jane wanted to take me on a run they do for Cross Country. We started up the canyon road and then we saw a BIG cat bound across the road. It was either a young mountain lion or a bobcat. We opted to turn around and run through town. We came home and I took the kids to the pumpkin patch while Mike worked on homework (pics to follow). We picked up Papa Murphy's on the way home and we spent the night eating pizza and brownies and watching "Watcher in the Woods" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes," two scary Disney movies I had ordered on Netflix. Mike hated them, the girls liked the first. Sadie hated the second.
Sunday- Mike watched the kids while I took an hour and a half nap- heaven. It was our Young Women program at church. Jane gave a talk and played the flute descant on the song we sang as a group. She did such a beautiful job on both. I am so proud of her. She is truly an exceptional girl. We love her.
Now it is Monday- again. I started this post on Friday or Saturday. The house needs serious cleaning. Sadie is home from school "sick." I can't tell if it's real but she didn't feel good last night and there is tons of junk going around. I've put off housework long enough. Time to get going!
Monday- was busy and fun. For FHE we made carmel apples and shrunken heads (we used some annoying bullies from Sadie's school) and read lots of stories from The Friend. Mike had to study, he had soooo much studying to do this week.
Tuesday- my friend Jen, Sawyer, and I went out to lunch at an Indian restaurant to celebrate her birthday. Jane had a cross country meet and improved her time, yet again, by over a minute.
Wednesday- I can't remember, except I missed YW because I had to babysit while Mike studied for tests.
Thursday- I had a meeting at Ellyn's school and then two of the supervisors for Ellyn's afterschool program came over for Ellyn's tutoring session. Thursday night I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. researching the vitamins and supplements Ellyn's Dr. wants her to start taking. Not so funny story- Thursday morning I went into the little Health store where he suggested I buy everything she needed. They took my list and loaded me up. At the register the total was $276.00. I thought "okay, if this is going to last for 2 months it is alright." Ha! I got to Ellyn's school and her aide and I started looking at everything while we were waiting to start FLOORTIME with her speech therapist. We had a 2 WEEK supply. I about freaked. Found everything cheaper on line but still expensive, working on a strategy now.
Friday- Took back all of above mentioned supplements. They didn't seem too happy with me. Oh well, I was very relieved. Jen and I ran to Walmart, Target, and Michael's. She did it for Halloween costume supplies, I did it to play with Jen and because Ellyn didn't have school and it gave Sawyer, Ellyn, and me a fun activity for the morning.
Saturday- Jane and I went for a run. Jane wanted to take me on a run they do for Cross Country. We started up the canyon road and then we saw a BIG cat bound across the road. It was either a young mountain lion or a bobcat. We opted to turn around and run through town. We came home and I took the kids to the pumpkin patch while Mike worked on homework (pics to follow). We picked up Papa Murphy's on the way home and we spent the night eating pizza and brownies and watching "Watcher in the Woods" and "Something Wicked This Way Comes," two scary Disney movies I had ordered on Netflix. Mike hated them, the girls liked the first. Sadie hated the second.
Sunday- Mike watched the kids while I took an hour and a half nap- heaven. It was our Young Women program at church. Jane gave a talk and played the flute descant on the song we sang as a group. She did such a beautiful job on both. I am so proud of her. She is truly an exceptional girl. We love her.
Now it is Monday- again. I started this post on Friday or Saturday. The house needs serious cleaning. Sadie is home from school "sick." I can't tell if it's real but she didn't feel good last night and there is tons of junk going around. I've put off housework long enough. Time to get going!
Comments
nerak, nerak...
please tell jane excellent job in Xcountry - we are proud of her!
adina