This is novel. It rarely happens. We are a "do everything together" sort of family. But... today Mike, Papa, and my sweet little man went off to the races. Car races at Laguna Seca. I don't think there is anything more kissable than my little son wearing his Batman shirt, layered over a long sleeve shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, blue car in hand, and daddy's baseball cap perched backward on his head. He is too freaking cute.
Barb, the girls, and I went to KidFest. It was great. I'm always a bit leery of free community events. They can be real duds. Mike is even a bigger cynic and doesn't love crowds or lines or Kid Fests. This was fun. Sadie loved it. Ellyn was happy as well. Jane stayed entertained despite being a bit older than the targeted age group. Highlight- watching the firemen cut up a car. No, not because I was watching the firemen! I got to see the Jaws of Life in action and we got to see a big claw grabber vehicle lift the cut up car high into the air and plop it into and empty rail car sort of thing. It was cool.
Now we are all cozy here at home, after a side trip to Borders- loved it, watching Notting Hill, and waiting for the boys to call (Mike and his dad drove the corvette-(not mine and Mike's by the way) and since there was no back seat I had to follow them to the entrance with Sawyer safely strapped in his car seat in the back seat.
Do you know one of the many things I love about my mother-in-law? She loves to read and cross stitch and we can sit in companionable silence whenever we want. We talk an awful lot together too. But right now it's companionable silence. Sadie's getting hungry though so I'm going to go throw the Papa Murphy's pizza that we picked up on the way home into the oven, we actually picked up three. I am thrilled that we have a new Papa Murphy's. It's delish.
Barb, the girls, and I went to KidFest. It was great. I'm always a bit leery of free community events. They can be real duds. Mike is even a bigger cynic and doesn't love crowds or lines or Kid Fests. This was fun. Sadie loved it. Ellyn was happy as well. Jane stayed entertained despite being a bit older than the targeted age group. Highlight- watching the firemen cut up a car. No, not because I was watching the firemen! I got to see the Jaws of Life in action and we got to see a big claw grabber vehicle lift the cut up car high into the air and plop it into and empty rail car sort of thing. It was cool.
Now we are all cozy here at home, after a side trip to Borders- loved it, watching Notting Hill, and waiting for the boys to call (Mike and his dad drove the corvette-(not mine and Mike's by the way) and since there was no back seat I had to follow them to the entrance with Sawyer safely strapped in his car seat in the back seat.
Do you know one of the many things I love about my mother-in-law? She loves to read and cross stitch and we can sit in companionable silence whenever we want. We talk an awful lot together too. But right now it's companionable silence. Sadie's getting hungry though so I'm going to go throw the Papa Murphy's pizza that we picked up on the way home into the oven, we actually picked up three. I am thrilled that we have a new Papa Murphy's. It's delish.
Comments