It's hard not to feel a little bit down after such a wonderful family (Mike) weekend. Did I mention it's pouring rain as well? This separation thing is for the birds. I can't say today was all about missing the Lovey-dovey. I missed another adult. What would I do if I had to work in the mills or something (currently reading, actually listening, to a book on tape while running on my treadmill and it involves mill workers in the 1930s- don't worry, it's nothing deep)?
It is 8:23 and I am exhausted. I changed four poopy diapers today, including a total blow out. I took the dogs for a walk, met with the plumber- after pulling several loads out of the garage. I made several phone calls, took Sawyer to the Dr. because his little thumb has become infected, stopped by the grocery store for antibiotics and bread and bananas, put together my swivel chair and built my IKEA "island" and rearranged the kitchen, had a home visit from Ellyn's school psychologist (could she tell I am actually insane?), created Ellyn's bean bottles (water bottles filled a third of the way full of beans for physical therapy stuff), played play dough with Ellyn and Sawyer, did two loads of laundry, loaded, ran, and unloaded the dishwasher, changed the sheets on Ellyn's bed, helped Sadie and Jane with their homework, made dinner, and mostly cleaned it up. I have a pot to wash tomorrow morning. We have already done scriptures and prayers because I knew if I waited I would fall asleep. Now Jane is working on homework and Sadie is reading Harry Potter to me- we'll see if she perseveres .
There is a new possibility that tomorrow will be unpleasant. Jane just informed me that she is very nauseous, this was after a dash to the bathroom. I happen to know that Jane's best friend threw up right after school today. I think I will be praying very, very hard that our family doesn't come down with the flu and that Jane is just sick of doing math. I can't keep up on laundry on a good day. Plus, I hate the flu, who doesn't? I have two indiscriminate vomiters at this stage in life and that is a scary prospect. Time to coddle my 12 year old through the last of her math problems. Ciao.
It is 8:23 and I am exhausted. I changed four poopy diapers today, including a total blow out. I took the dogs for a walk, met with the plumber- after pulling several loads out of the garage. I made several phone calls, took Sawyer to the Dr. because his little thumb has become infected, stopped by the grocery store for antibiotics and bread and bananas, put together my swivel chair and built my IKEA "island" and rearranged the kitchen, had a home visit from Ellyn's school psychologist (could she tell I am actually insane?), created Ellyn's bean bottles (water bottles filled a third of the way full of beans for physical therapy stuff), played play dough with Ellyn and Sawyer, did two loads of laundry, loaded, ran, and unloaded the dishwasher, changed the sheets on Ellyn's bed, helped Sadie and Jane with their homework, made dinner, and mostly cleaned it up. I have a pot to wash tomorrow morning. We have already done scriptures and prayers because I knew if I waited I would fall asleep. Now Jane is working on homework and Sadie is reading Harry Potter to me- we'll see if she perseveres .
There is a new possibility that tomorrow will be unpleasant. Jane just informed me that she is very nauseous, this was after a dash to the bathroom. I happen to know that Jane's best friend threw up right after school today. I think I will be praying very, very hard that our family doesn't come down with the flu and that Jane is just sick of doing math. I can't keep up on laundry on a good day. Plus, I hate the flu, who doesn't? I have two indiscriminate vomiters at this stage in life and that is a scary prospect. Time to coddle my 12 year old through the last of her math problems. Ciao.
Comments