This morning we took Mike to the San Jose airport. He will be in D.C. for 6 weeks and he is already greatly missed. I have to say that we have talked on the phone about 5 times today. I can not tell you how great it is to know that I can call him anytime I want- or at least leave a message. Six weeks and then he will be home for like 119 weeks. I guess I can live with that.
Tomorrow school starts. Reality begins again. I don't know that I can do the 5:30 thing again. At least we got stuff put together for morning. I am going to bed at 9:15, that is very exciting to me. Have I ever mentioned how very little sleep my husband needs and also that he loves me to be awake when he is awake? He did watch the kids while I took some very lovely naps during this break. I am grateful for that and...I don't really like the idea of him being awake without me either. I just wish he liked to sleep more. Actually, I wish Ellyn and Sawyer like to sleep more too.
I also wish I could say that I will be taking a nap tomorrow during Sawyer's nap, but I won't be. I have a date with my treadmill. I have gained 15 pounds since Mike got home. This is no hyperbole (hey, how do you like that hon?). We've eaten out alot, we've eaten in alot, we've eaten with family alot. I have sat around doing about a third of the work I normally do, I stopped breastfeeding, and my bathroom scales used to reside in a back corner in the bathroom. They are now in the living room next to the couch where they will stay (it happens to be the only even flooring in the entire house). I have learned my lesson. I need a constant daily reminder because it is indeed possible to pack on 15 extra, unwanted, pounds in 6 weeks if you try really hard to eat everything in sight. That is especially if it is made with chocolate and sugar, or if it is made with flour, or cream, or comes from a cow or chicken, or pig. I think there were some vegetables thrown in on several occasions but I can't blame them for anything. Wait, yes I can, they made me feel a little less guilty when I ate several servings of them and therefore helped in my rationalizing things like an extra piece of pie, a bigger scoop of ice cream, more soda, another cream puff. I blame the veggies as well. So, miles on the treadmill are in my immediate future. Ugh. I love working out once I am in shape, but until then, like I said, Ugh. Oops, it is 9:22. Time for bed.
Tomorrow school starts. Reality begins again. I don't know that I can do the 5:30 thing again. At least we got stuff put together for morning. I am going to bed at 9:15, that is very exciting to me. Have I ever mentioned how very little sleep my husband needs and also that he loves me to be awake when he is awake? He did watch the kids while I took some very lovely naps during this break. I am grateful for that and...I don't really like the idea of him being awake without me either. I just wish he liked to sleep more. Actually, I wish Ellyn and Sawyer like to sleep more too.
I also wish I could say that I will be taking a nap tomorrow during Sawyer's nap, but I won't be. I have a date with my treadmill. I have gained 15 pounds since Mike got home. This is no hyperbole (hey, how do you like that hon?). We've eaten out alot, we've eaten in alot, we've eaten with family alot. I have sat around doing about a third of the work I normally do, I stopped breastfeeding, and my bathroom scales used to reside in a back corner in the bathroom. They are now in the living room next to the couch where they will stay (it happens to be the only even flooring in the entire house). I have learned my lesson. I need a constant daily reminder because it is indeed possible to pack on 15 extra, unwanted, pounds in 6 weeks if you try really hard to eat everything in sight. That is especially if it is made with chocolate and sugar, or if it is made with flour, or cream, or comes from a cow or chicken, or pig. I think there were some vegetables thrown in on several occasions but I can't blame them for anything. Wait, yes I can, they made me feel a little less guilty when I ate several servings of them and therefore helped in my rationalizing things like an extra piece of pie, a bigger scoop of ice cream, more soda, another cream puff. I blame the veggies as well. So, miles on the treadmill are in my immediate future. Ugh. I love working out once I am in shape, but until then, like I said, Ugh. Oops, it is 9:22. Time for bed.
Comments
when I lived in that 2nd Provo house, I had the scale right in the kitchen. It was tucked up right next to the door going out. I LoVED having it there. Call me obsessive if you want (not YOU, just people in general), but it kept me from wasting calories on things that weren't that great, you know. When we move back to Richmond, I'm doing it again.