Skip to main content

Just a Quick Note

I am pleased to say that I am back in a happy place. For now. Hopefully it will last until next Wednesday when my very best friend from high school, Megan, comes down to play with me for a long weekend. I am so thrilled. No, it isn't a suicide watch, this was planned a few weeks ago. I already have our visit planned and I am praying for good weather. If not, we will still have fun. That much I know.

Also, my plumber came today and fixed my clogged toilet (we don't know how) that I found had backed up into my shower when I went in to get ready for church on Sunday. Also, the leak under the kitchen sink (broken nut), and the original leak in the basement (garage). He was supposed to have been here last week but his wife nearly died from an allergic reaction to an antibiotic- very scary. She's okay now. Lucky for me he didn't because then I would have had to call him back for the toilet issue and that would have been on my dime. I thought I had it all unclogged Friday night after 20 minutes of plunging but then it started making scary sounds. Jane and Sadie and I had a date planned so Jane taped it closed, I showered, and we left Rebecca with the two youngest in their pj's and ready for bed and spent the evening down at Hidden Valley music center listening to a piano and flute concert. It was amazing and blogworthy but not when I was venting.

The rain has continued, last night it was hailing, but it just made everything cozy. We baked chocolate chip cookies and watched a movie. That was after Sawyer and I took a nice long nap. I definitely do better when I get enough sleep.

I need to go wake up Sawyer now and feed him...and me, a little lunch. I hear avocado sandwiches calling our names- both of us. Don't worry, it's not creepy.

Comments

Darla said…
Brookie,
I just read a little of the Stinchfield blog. I LOVE the whole playlist idea. Should we do it on our fam blog...or would it not be a success? Whatd'ya think? And the pics of all of you were so cool! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Popular posts from this blog

MICHAEL IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!

My Michael is coming home . You can't just say it. You have to SING it. Tomorrow my tall, strong, gorgeous, husband will be here and it will be beautiful. He will nestle into the life of our family and we will have him with us, here, in our house, in our family . He'll help put on jammies and read stories, and tutor Jane in math. He'll take me on dates and wrestle at least one child during sacrament meeting. He'll snuggle me in bed at night and nuzzle my neck while I'm doing dishes. We'll go for walks and play games and watch movies and do fun family Saturday stuff. He'll help carry a kid down to the car and then he'll drive while I put on my makeup ! We love him, we know how much he loves us. We can't wait! Don't worry, I won't work him to death. I won't make him cook dinner every night for the next 10 months or hand over the kids and take off to the spa for the weekend (tempting, but... no). We just want him HERE. I kee...

Fun weeks!!!

These past two weeks- three weeks have been quite fun. Up till now school has been really hard. With friends and work. This Jenna that I beleive has already been mentioned is really mean to me. We were best friends one day and the next she had made friends with a drama causer/ bad influence and completely dumped me. It's stupid and I really do try to ignore it but it is more than I can handle. Now I'm lonely in school(because we together had a small group of friends) . I have one other friend so that is good. I hope everything straightens out because she is still being rude to me. Tomorrow is flute auditions. I hope that goes well and I also hope I get my braces off tomorrow. Lots of HOPE. Right now I am watching American Idol with my wonderful family who is the best friend I'll always have. I love taking care of my little siblings. They are always so fun and make me so happy. My mom tries so hard to be a an amazing mother and I appreciate her so much. She is my best friend...

Almost a week already?

I swear I just wrote and yet it is two hours away from Wednesday again. You know sometimes I like to pretend that no one reads my blog and I just ignore the fact that I have anyone reading and then sometimes I just want to write directly to my family and friends that read the blog. I'm fickle like that I guess. This past weekend just seemed really great to me. Friday I felt really ill, just a bad cold but I chose to just stay down for the day and try to recover (cold mostly gone in 3 days by the way)so Friday night we did a pizza night. Aunt Jackie, I'm having the same problem with Fit for Life. I keep expanding my free days and also I am eating way out of control on the free day. A binge if you will. I need to rein in again. Superbowl Sunday and Valentine's Day did not help at all! Which brings me back to pizza night. I saw an ad for $10 pizzas from Pizza Hut. Domino's pizza- fine. Papa John's- I can pass, but when I saw that Pizza Hut special I had to ...