It is 10:45 and I am waiting for several loaves of banana bread to cool so that I can wrap them up before I go to sleep. I asked Jane and Shyah if they wanted to make the bread for Ellyn's teachers for tomorrow and they did. But... they also wanted to ensure that they would get banana bread as well. You should see my kitchen, and the HUGE bowl of batter still in my fridge. The good news is that we made it gluten free and so I will be able to freeze some of it for Ellyn. The batter tasted kind of funky but I added some more ripe bananas (I have about 20 in my freezer) and some of my yummy vanilla from Mexico and it didn't turn out half bad (we sampled one of the mini loaves before bed). Lots of parenthesis eh?
I have been slacking a bit on the blog, but really, I had to do some major melt down control. When last week started off the same as the week before had ended I knew I was in trouble. So I straightened the house, rented a few movies, and spent two lazy afternoons watching movies with Jane and eating a little bit of chocolate. It was good for me. I had to have some down time. We do lots of really fun things but all those fun things still require a great deal of work, even whilst the fun is taking place. Watching movies and eating chocolate while Sawyer naps and my two younger girls are in school requires no work. Well I did have to work a little at resisting the temptation to bring up laundry to fold, luckily I was able to shove that huge temptation right out of town.
So soccer is over. One more party left. Sadie's on Saturday. School gets out for Ellyn (although she will be doing extended school year starting June 23rd) tomorrow and for Sadie on Thursday. I am excited but feel a wee bit more trepidation than I would normally feel at the end of a school year. A. Our trampoline is broken and they still don't have new ones in at the PX, thus no sprinklers under the trampoline. 2. Most of our friends are leaving for the summer. C. We have a major move to accomplish. Time to gird up my loins- tighter.
We did go to the pool on Friday. But.. Jane and Shyah promised they would take Ellyn the whole time if Shyah could come with us, which was lucky because by 4 o'clock when we got there it had cooled down and was too cold for me to get in with Sawyer. We went with my friend Amy and sweet Sophia. We went to our favorite Thai restaurant, and then for a last Hurrah Sadie got to have Sophia spend the night. Amy and her girls leave for Oregon on Saturday and we have had tears intermittently for over a week now. Sadie and Sophia are like two peas in a pod and it makes us (the mommies) so sad to separate the two of them. They really love each other. Hopefully we'll see them some day but they aren't coming back until September or October.
Okay, I am getting way too tired and this is getting way too long. I'm off to wrap banana bread and go to bed. Blog out.
I have been slacking a bit on the blog, but really, I had to do some major melt down control. When last week started off the same as the week before had ended I knew I was in trouble. So I straightened the house, rented a few movies, and spent two lazy afternoons watching movies with Jane and eating a little bit of chocolate. It was good for me. I had to have some down time. We do lots of really fun things but all those fun things still require a great deal of work, even whilst the fun is taking place. Watching movies and eating chocolate while Sawyer naps and my two younger girls are in school requires no work. Well I did have to work a little at resisting the temptation to bring up laundry to fold, luckily I was able to shove that huge temptation right out of town.
So soccer is over. One more party left. Sadie's on Saturday. School gets out for Ellyn (although she will be doing extended school year starting June 23rd) tomorrow and for Sadie on Thursday. I am excited but feel a wee bit more trepidation than I would normally feel at the end of a school year. A. Our trampoline is broken and they still don't have new ones in at the PX, thus no sprinklers under the trampoline. 2. Most of our friends are leaving for the summer. C. We have a major move to accomplish. Time to gird up my loins- tighter.
We did go to the pool on Friday. But.. Jane and Shyah promised they would take Ellyn the whole time if Shyah could come with us, which was lucky because by 4 o'clock when we got there it had cooled down and was too cold for me to get in with Sawyer. We went with my friend Amy and sweet Sophia. We went to our favorite Thai restaurant, and then for a last Hurrah Sadie got to have Sophia spend the night. Amy and her girls leave for Oregon on Saturday and we have had tears intermittently for over a week now. Sadie and Sophia are like two peas in a pod and it makes us (the mommies) so sad to separate the two of them. They really love each other. Hopefully we'll see them some day but they aren't coming back until September or October.
Okay, I am getting way too tired and this is getting way too long. I'm off to wrap banana bread and go to bed. Blog out.
Comments