Jane is sick. She has a temperature of 103. Out of 368 ish students at her school 144 of them were either home sick or left school sometime during the day with flu-like symptoms. The CDC has not confirmed Swine Flu but has told us that we can all assume it is the swine flu. I'm thrilled and cannot wait for this to make its way through the fam. Jane is hating life. She has taken up residency on the chaise in the corner of the living room. She lays there and moans and drinks gatorade, orange jell-o, and chicken broth. She has been a sweetheart.
Sadie came home sick from school today. They called while I was out running 6 miles(with my new running partner who is incredibly fast and smokes my butt). Jane answered, she had them call Mike. Mike was in class, he was none too pleased. He talked to Sadie on the phone, he told her she was not sick after listening to her complaints (she pulled the sick card on me last week, totally not sick). I was to call the school upon my return. I called the school and asked if they were sure Sadie was sick. They told me that Sadie was indeed ill. I drove down and picked her up. I drove home. Sadie was not sick. Sadie spent from 11:30am till 6:30pm in her room recovering from her illness. Sadie listened yet again to the story of the boy who cried "Wolf!" She will go to school tomorrow. With my luck she will become really sick and then be afraid to call home.
Ellyn is a tornado of destruction. Her new favorite pastime is opening all of the drawers in my kitchen and emptying half the contents. Ellyn's respite provider has been flaking out while she has been trying to do school. I had to write her a little letter today (she cancelled on me yet again for tomorrow), not my favorite thing to do. I will use her when I can but I have to start looking for a new respite person.
Sawyer is in love with candy. He wants it all the time. He also wants to jump off the coffee table all the time.
Mike gets pinned on as Major tomorrow. Is that cool or what? I'm so happy for him. Congratulations Babe! Since he isn't really in a regular unit everything will be pretty low key. All those years of Captain are at an end. It seems sort of surreal.
My back is acting up again. The only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm running. My back and leg ache all the time, especially when I get up from sitting so I am doing my best to not sit all day. Once I do sit I am loathe to rise. I am saying little prayers that it will get better. It felt fine on Saturday, thankfully, but it has been an issue since last Thursday.
That's the lowdown. Blog out.
Sadie came home sick from school today. They called while I was out running 6 miles(with my new running partner who is incredibly fast and smokes my butt). Jane answered, she had them call Mike. Mike was in class, he was none too pleased. He talked to Sadie on the phone, he told her she was not sick after listening to her complaints (she pulled the sick card on me last week, totally not sick). I was to call the school upon my return. I called the school and asked if they were sure Sadie was sick. They told me that Sadie was indeed ill. I drove down and picked her up. I drove home. Sadie was not sick. Sadie spent from 11:30am till 6:30pm in her room recovering from her illness. Sadie listened yet again to the story of the boy who cried "Wolf!" She will go to school tomorrow. With my luck she will become really sick and then be afraid to call home.
Ellyn is a tornado of destruction. Her new favorite pastime is opening all of the drawers in my kitchen and emptying half the contents. Ellyn's respite provider has been flaking out while she has been trying to do school. I had to write her a little letter today (she cancelled on me yet again for tomorrow), not my favorite thing to do. I will use her when I can but I have to start looking for a new respite person.
Sawyer is in love with candy. He wants it all the time. He also wants to jump off the coffee table all the time.
Mike gets pinned on as Major tomorrow. Is that cool or what? I'm so happy for him. Congratulations Babe! Since he isn't really in a regular unit everything will be pretty low key. All those years of Captain are at an end. It seems sort of surreal.
My back is acting up again. The only time it doesn't hurt is when I'm running. My back and leg ache all the time, especially when I get up from sitting so I am doing my best to not sit all day. Once I do sit I am loathe to rise. I am saying little prayers that it will get better. It felt fine on Saturday, thankfully, but it has been an issue since last Thursday.
That's the lowdown. Blog out.
Comments
Hope all of you get better soon!!!
Love,
Mom