Skip to main content

A Storm, by Jane Stinchield

The wind shakes the trees
and howls in the night
Birds fly across a huge blue blanket of sky
that is turning dark with clouds
Water splashes as it cuts
through hills and mountains
An ocean crashes
on the sand
roaring like thunder
Rain pours down
making mud of dirt
The waves become rough
and wildly toss themselves to and fro
Thunder booms
and lightning lights the almost black sky
It rains all night.

And all day
It smells of moist earth
And salty sea air
Roses are dripping with water
Grass grows taller,
more green
After the storm

Comments

Tracey said…
Fantastic poem Jane! You've got some real writing talent, I would love to read more of your stuff!!!
Mom/Barb said…
Great poem, Jane. I tried to comment on my IPhone but it wouldn"t cooperate. It is also a challenge to find the keys on this Italian keyboard!!! You have a lot of literary talent there....inherited from both your parents.

Love,

Grandma Barb

Popular posts from this blog

A New Family Picture that does not involve unshowered bodies or matching clothing

D-Day, 65 Years Ago Today

I am in awe of all of the brave men that fought on the beaches that day. Their courage is something I cannot even comprehend. I feel very privileged that our family was able to visit the beaches of Normandy and get just the tiniest glimpse of the sacrifice made by so many. I am so proud of our American soldiers, time and again they step up to the plate and do what is asked of them. Thank you.