All is going well here. We just got back from another camping trip. This one was with Mike's old ward from before his mission. His family is still in close contact with many of the members and a couple of Mike's friends from high school and their families were there, as well as Mike's parents and his sister Kim, her husband Treven, and my two very cute nieces. We had an absolute blast. Sadie was friends with EVERYONE in the entire camp. I'm not kidding, we would be walking along and strangers would call out "hi Sadie" everywhere we went. The girl is social.
Jane made great friends with Sarah, the daughter of one of Mike's best friends from high school and they spent the whole weekend playing together.
Ellyn loves camping and so does Sawyer. We played down at the river, Jane road a tandem bike (two were brought for the ward to use) every day at least a few times and took me out for a ride as well. The girls were able to spend some time floating in a couple of boats on the river, including Ellyn. We built lots of fires, ate lots of yummy food, including an Abalone dinner Sunday night, and now I'm attempting to wash about 12 loads of laundry. An absolutely fantastic weekend.
As a side note, Mike was asked to do a Fireside and share his military experiences and he did a fabulous job. I wish I had recorded it, it would have been a keepsake.
Sadie was able to celebrate her birthday a little early with her Gma and Gpa and aunt and uncle. She was thrilled. Grandma gave her a pretty dress and two Nancy Drew books (Sadie's new fave) and Kim gave her a darling frame that she made with a plain frame and really cute craft paper. Today I picked Sadie up early from school and she and Sawyer and I went to Volcano Grill for a delicious lunch out on the lanai, then it was off to Target where Sadie got to pick out a new birthday outfit. She chose a dark denim skirt which include "butt pants" as we like to call them, and a navy blue shirt with a sequined american flag heart on the front. Tomorrow we will bring a "healthy" treat to her class for her birthday. My oh my does this girl enjoy the spotlight!
Well Mike is off the computer and that means I am too. Aviento.
P.S. I have to write about an Ellyn incident really quickly. Last night at 3:30 in the morning I heard a big thump and one of the dogs, sleeping in the hall let out a quick bark. I decided to go check on the kids and when I walked into Ellyn's room I found her on the floor with her mattress and crib rails on top of her. It was really bizarre. We really don't know how it happened (Ellyn's bed is up high on a platform). Ellyn did not seem in any pain, so that was good. We put the bed back together and layed Ellie back down. Sawyer and Ellyn both woke up and stayed that way for over an hour. Sawyer kept both Mike and I awake until the alarm clock went off, flinging himself all over our bed. I'M TIRED!!!
Jane made great friends with Sarah, the daughter of one of Mike's best friends from high school and they spent the whole weekend playing together.
Ellyn loves camping and so does Sawyer. We played down at the river, Jane road a tandem bike (two were brought for the ward to use) every day at least a few times and took me out for a ride as well. The girls were able to spend some time floating in a couple of boats on the river, including Ellyn. We built lots of fires, ate lots of yummy food, including an Abalone dinner Sunday night, and now I'm attempting to wash about 12 loads of laundry. An absolutely fantastic weekend.
As a side note, Mike was asked to do a Fireside and share his military experiences and he did a fabulous job. I wish I had recorded it, it would have been a keepsake.
Sadie was able to celebrate her birthday a little early with her Gma and Gpa and aunt and uncle. She was thrilled. Grandma gave her a pretty dress and two Nancy Drew books (Sadie's new fave) and Kim gave her a darling frame that she made with a plain frame and really cute craft paper. Today I picked Sadie up early from school and she and Sawyer and I went to Volcano Grill for a delicious lunch out on the lanai, then it was off to Target where Sadie got to pick out a new birthday outfit. She chose a dark denim skirt which include "butt pants" as we like to call them, and a navy blue shirt with a sequined american flag heart on the front. Tomorrow we will bring a "healthy" treat to her class for her birthday. My oh my does this girl enjoy the spotlight!
Well Mike is off the computer and that means I am too. Aviento.
P.S. I have to write about an Ellyn incident really quickly. Last night at 3:30 in the morning I heard a big thump and one of the dogs, sleeping in the hall let out a quick bark. I decided to go check on the kids and when I walked into Ellyn's room I found her on the floor with her mattress and crib rails on top of her. It was really bizarre. We really don't know how it happened (Ellyn's bed is up high on a platform). Ellyn did not seem in any pain, so that was good. We put the bed back together and layed Ellie back down. Sawyer and Ellyn both woke up and stayed that way for over an hour. Sawyer kept both Mike and I awake until the alarm clock went off, flinging himself all over our bed. I'M TIRED!!!
Comments