Wow, it has been awhile since I made a real entry. I started one, but alas, it is still in draft form. So what has been going down at the Stinchfield's besides a couple of great camping trips?
Mike played Mr. Mom for a few days while I took a little trip to Utah to visit my wonderful friend, Patti, and her adorable kids. I love them and I miss them. It was so fun. I also love that I have a fab husband that did everything so willingly and has now taken over getting Ellyn and Jane out the door for school every morning so that I can get a headstart on getting things together in the house. These days I have so little time for housework, laundry, blah, blah, blah... that an hour in the morning is just what I need. It also gives me time to do my running during Sawyer's nap time. I don't know if he will be able to continue once his school starts but it sure helps now. Oh, by the by, we won the Lottery for the St. George marathon- exciting!
After my trip to Utah I was home for a day and then it was off to our beautiful camping spot and Mike's awesome run. This week I have been out at Ellyn's school every afternoon for therapy or meetings. It's been very exciting to see things coming together. Our little Ellie is starting to sign a bit and is even using a one word request sometimes- eat, more, and she has finally started saying dad again. Awesome!
Why am I not using quotation marks? I'm typing one handed. Sawyer is holding the other hand. The poor little man had surgery on his boy parts this morning. He had a tongue tied penis that needed to be released and he was also circumcised. The urologist in Germany wanted to wait until he was older and everything was bigger, which was good because they had other complications with his pipes and instead of a 30-40 minute surgery it took about two hours. So the little guy is in serious pain. We are attempting to keep him pretty drugged up. Thankfully everything went swimmingly and his stuff will function just as it should.
Besides that Sadie and Jane have both had music concerts this week and they were both outstanding. It is so gratifying to witness their love for music develop. Jane is in the school spring musical and has drama a few afternoons a week. She has also been waking up half an hour earlier every morning to do Jillian with her dad (and sometimes me). The kid is working hard but having a good time. Tomorrow I am chaperoning her band on a trip to a multi school band concert and a trip to Great America- an amusement park. It shoud be fun. It is supposed to be in the high 90s tomorrow so it will be hot too. I'm a little bit worried about Mike, we weren't anticipating the heat or Sawyer being this sore when we decided I should go. He is going to have a long day tomorrow here in our home without A/C.
Well Sawyer just signed Please and I know that means he wants to eat so I am outie for now. Peace.
Mike played Mr. Mom for a few days while I took a little trip to Utah to visit my wonderful friend, Patti, and her adorable kids. I love them and I miss them. It was so fun. I also love that I have a fab husband that did everything so willingly and has now taken over getting Ellyn and Jane out the door for school every morning so that I can get a headstart on getting things together in the house. These days I have so little time for housework, laundry, blah, blah, blah... that an hour in the morning is just what I need. It also gives me time to do my running during Sawyer's nap time. I don't know if he will be able to continue once his school starts but it sure helps now. Oh, by the by, we won the Lottery for the St. George marathon- exciting!
After my trip to Utah I was home for a day and then it was off to our beautiful camping spot and Mike's awesome run. This week I have been out at Ellyn's school every afternoon for therapy or meetings. It's been very exciting to see things coming together. Our little Ellie is starting to sign a bit and is even using a one word request sometimes- eat, more, and she has finally started saying dad again. Awesome!
Why am I not using quotation marks? I'm typing one handed. Sawyer is holding the other hand. The poor little man had surgery on his boy parts this morning. He had a tongue tied penis that needed to be released and he was also circumcised. The urologist in Germany wanted to wait until he was older and everything was bigger, which was good because they had other complications with his pipes and instead of a 30-40 minute surgery it took about two hours. So the little guy is in serious pain. We are attempting to keep him pretty drugged up. Thankfully everything went swimmingly and his stuff will function just as it should.
Besides that Sadie and Jane have both had music concerts this week and they were both outstanding. It is so gratifying to witness their love for music develop. Jane is in the school spring musical and has drama a few afternoons a week. She has also been waking up half an hour earlier every morning to do Jillian with her dad (and sometimes me). The kid is working hard but having a good time. Tomorrow I am chaperoning her band on a trip to a multi school band concert and a trip to Great America- an amusement park. It shoud be fun. It is supposed to be in the high 90s tomorrow so it will be hot too. I'm a little bit worried about Mike, we weren't anticipating the heat or Sawyer being this sore when we decided I should go. He is going to have a long day tomorrow here in our home without A/C.
Well Sawyer just signed Please and I know that means he wants to eat so I am outie for now. Peace.
Comments