As Sadie gets into the car-
"Mom, I am soo starving. I hardly got to eat any lunch today and I need a snack when we get home."
"Sadie, didn't you eat your sandwich?" Can you tell this has been an issue before?
"Mom, I couldn't. Tamara loves jelly sandwiches and she traded me for a candy and it wasn't very big."
"Sadie, you know you aren't supposed to trade lunches. You need to eat what I pack you so that I know you are growing strong and getting enough energy for doing your school work."
"I'm sorry mom. I know. But mom, you need to pack something dessertish in my lunch so I'm not tempted to trade my lunch, because today Rose had the most big, delicious chocolate cookie in her lunch and I wanted it so bad."
A little more lecturing on my part and then-
"Okay Sadie, you don't trade your lunch and I will try to put something "dessertish" in your lunch.
7:00- "Mom, remember that tomorrow you are going to put something dessertish in my lunch."
9:00, yelled from her bedroom- "Mom, sleep tight one a light (something we say) and remember to put something dessertish in my lunch tomorrow."
Today- trip to Costco. Diapers, tortillas, milk, cheese, peaches, cereal, and something dessertish for Sadie's (and her sisters) lunch.
"Mom, I am soo starving. I hardly got to eat any lunch today and I need a snack when we get home."
"Sadie, didn't you eat your sandwich?" Can you tell this has been an issue before?
"Mom, I couldn't. Tamara loves jelly sandwiches and she traded me for a candy and it wasn't very big."
"Sadie, you know you aren't supposed to trade lunches. You need to eat what I pack you so that I know you are growing strong and getting enough energy for doing your school work."
"I'm sorry mom. I know. But mom, you need to pack something dessertish in my lunch so I'm not tempted to trade my lunch, because today Rose had the most big, delicious chocolate cookie in her lunch and I wanted it so bad."
A little more lecturing on my part and then-
"Okay Sadie, you don't trade your lunch and I will try to put something "dessertish" in your lunch.
7:00- "Mom, remember that tomorrow you are going to put something dessertish in my lunch."
9:00, yelled from her bedroom- "Mom, sleep tight one a light (something we say) and remember to put something dessertish in my lunch tomorrow."
Today- trip to Costco. Diapers, tortillas, milk, cheese, peaches, cereal, and something dessertish for Sadie's (and her sisters) lunch.
Comments
adina