Labor Day Weekend was fabulous. Friday night Mike and I went on a date. Can't go wrong with that now can you? The next morning we had our 18 mile run and it was just gorgeous. We came home, played around with the kids, took a short nap, and then our friends came over at two. The kids played in the courtyard and all through the house (the Caldwells have two girls- 5 and 10 so nothing was terribly messy) and the adults played a board game. Then we grilled steaks and hotdogs, corn on the cob, that sort of thing and ate dinner. Next we loaded all of the kids up and went down to the beach and built a bonfire and made deluxe s'mores. S'mores with Nutter Butters, S'mores with Andes Mints and Mounds bars, and Nilla Wafers. We were going to do S'mores with peanut butter cups but they didn't last that long:). It was so much fun. We came back and played more games, outside on our picnic table. Good times, good times.
Then... Sunday morning Mike and I started talking, neither of us were teaching or had any responsibilities at church. That was a first for a while- AND- the weather was gorgeous. I told Mike I just wanted to have a little real summer. We looked up a hotel that I had seen on Priceline a few months before and it had rooms available. They were pretty cheap so we were a little sceptical but we decided to give it a try. The hotel was beautiful and very kid friendly. A mansion converted into a hotel but not really located near anything touristy, hence the cheap rooms. We didn't care, we just wanted to swim! So we did an early check in- 2:30- and a late check out- 2:00- and swam almost the entire time we were there. We went to dinner at Spaghetti Factory, came back and swam till the pool closed. Slept in, not really, but a little bit- dang that Sawyer and Ellyn! Went out and got breakfast and bought groceries for a poolside lunch then came back and swam some more. The kids were thrilled with the surprise, especially my little Sades who had been dying for a pool and some sun all summer.










Then... Sunday morning Mike and I started talking, neither of us were teaching or had any responsibilities at church. That was a first for a while- AND- the weather was gorgeous. I told Mike I just wanted to have a little real summer. We looked up a hotel that I had seen on Priceline a few months before and it had rooms available. They were pretty cheap so we were a little sceptical but we decided to give it a try. The hotel was beautiful and very kid friendly. A mansion converted into a hotel but not really located near anything touristy, hence the cheap rooms. We didn't care, we just wanted to swim! So we did an early check in- 2:30- and a late check out- 2:00- and swam almost the entire time we were there. We went to dinner at Spaghetti Factory, came back and swam till the pool closed. Slept in, not really, but a little bit- dang that Sawyer and Ellyn! Went out and got breakfast and bought groceries for a poolside lunch then came back and swam some more. The kids were thrilled with the surprise, especially my little Sades who had been dying for a pool and some sun all summer.
Comments