Sawyer is trying to help me type. Is it helping? Not so much.
Jane leaves again first thing tomorrow. This time for Girls' Camp. Oh how I love Girls' Camp. So many, many great memories. I hope it means as much to her as it did to me. I am so excited for my Jane.
Sadie is dreading her sister leaving again. This summer sans Jane has been a real eye opener to Sades. She is finally appreciating how much fun Jane makes their lives.
Funny story. About a week after Jane left for Washington I had Sadie and Ellyn and Sawyer with me at Rite Aid dropping off Ellyn's prescription. I told Sadie that she could pick out a Wet'n'Wild nail polish and we could paint her nails that night after dinner. After we dropped off the prescription we ambled our way over to the front right corner of the store where they sell scoops of ice cream for a buck 16. I bought an ice cream cone for Sadie and got a double scoop to share with Ellyn and Sawyer.
As we were walking toward the door with ice cream and nail polish Sadie looks up at me and says "Mom, I know what you and dad are trying to do (Mike had taken her with him to run errands the day before). You are trying to bring joy into my life. You know how bored I am without Jane and you are trying to make me happy. Don't worry, I'm not mad at all. I'm pretty glad about it."
It was so sweet and I vowed (internally) that I would make every day a little bit more special (the first week I was really trying to finish getting the house livable). Hopefully it has worked. I've really enjoyed our Sadie time. She's such a cool kid. Have I written that already? Probably.
I can't believe we only have two and a half weeks of summer left. That's a major bummer, it seems like it just started. Okay, enough scribbles, off to spend time with the girls and one tired boy.
Jane leaves again first thing tomorrow. This time for Girls' Camp. Oh how I love Girls' Camp. So many, many great memories. I hope it means as much to her as it did to me. I am so excited for my Jane.
Sadie is dreading her sister leaving again. This summer sans Jane has been a real eye opener to Sades. She is finally appreciating how much fun Jane makes their lives.
Funny story. About a week after Jane left for Washington I had Sadie and Ellyn and Sawyer with me at Rite Aid dropping off Ellyn's prescription. I told Sadie that she could pick out a Wet'n'Wild nail polish and we could paint her nails that night after dinner. After we dropped off the prescription we ambled our way over to the front right corner of the store where they sell scoops of ice cream for a buck 16. I bought an ice cream cone for Sadie and got a double scoop to share with Ellyn and Sawyer.
As we were walking toward the door with ice cream and nail polish Sadie looks up at me and says "Mom, I know what you and dad are trying to do (Mike had taken her with him to run errands the day before). You are trying to bring joy into my life. You know how bored I am without Jane and you are trying to make me happy. Don't worry, I'm not mad at all. I'm pretty glad about it."
It was so sweet and I vowed (internally) that I would make every day a little bit more special (the first week I was really trying to finish getting the house livable). Hopefully it has worked. I've really enjoyed our Sadie time. She's such a cool kid. Have I written that already? Probably.
I can't believe we only have two and a half weeks of summer left. That's a major bummer, it seems like it just started. Okay, enough scribbles, off to spend time with the girls and one tired boy.
Comments