Mike is watching a Calculus video tutorial while sitting next to me. I'm pretty sure my brain is going to explode. X to the enth power, zero factorials blah, blah, blah. I really try to avoid ANYTHING having to do with math. I balance my checkbook, I can even quadruple a recipe. That does it for me. I am striving for the Celestial Kingdom because I have a sneaking suspicion that my own personal Hell will be a never ending math class. All of my high school math teachers will be there (because I am pretty sure in high school that I damned them there on a regular basis). Mr Winston will still by trying to look like Harrison Ford, Mr. Thompson will have his obnoxious mustache, and Mr. Simpson, well he might not be there. He was nice to me actually, he just spoke in a language I did not understand and bored me to tears. Wow, total sidetrack. Not at all what I was going to write.
Really, I have been brimming with things I've wanted to put on my blog. I think about it much of the day, everything that I'm missing. I guess if you wrote everything about life you wouldn't really have time to live it. Right? I know, deep.
So...this has been a really different summer for me. No big outings, no Jane, no great summer weather. It's been a little bothersome but not bad. My house and my cute kids are pulling me through.
Sawyer is so amazingly awesome right now. That kid has me wrapped around his finger. He is so loving, so wild, so smart. He loves doing little jobs- getting baby wipes, giving things to daddy, waking up Sadie, etc... He does it with a huge grin. He has lost yet another fingernail. The third in his short life. Ramming trucks, separated the nail, got a staph infection, on antibiotics (which he takes like a champ), fingernail came off completely sometime last night. It is probably somewhere in my bed because....
Yeah, Sawyer wakes up every night at about 2 and cries. Sometimes I can get him to lay back down but sometimes things go something like this
Mom:Sawyer, it's time to lay down on your bed (I'm holding him and patting him on his back).
Sawyer: (Mouth pursed, head thrown back, howling)Noooooo!
(Deep rough little voice, pointing across the hall to my room)Mom, beh, Mom, beh.
I can't say no (his dad can't either, he just acts like he can). I have to confess- I LOVE sleeping with my babies. I love their little arms wrapped around my neck, their little bodies snuggled up against my stomach, their soft breath. I love snuggling them for hours on end when I have no work to do, when they don't want to get down to play. I can just hold them and keep them close. I remember when Jane started sleeping in her own bed. I felt an awkward empty space. I have gotten better though, from 8:30 on really is mommy and daddy time. We have to have that now with all of these monsters.
Besides loving All of my kids I have been reveling in domesticity. It's true. My house is staying clean, I'm trying out new recipes, I've made a million batches of Freezer jam, I even ironed 3 pairs of Mike's pants today. I can't tell you how long it will last, school will start, Jane will get home, life will pick up speed, but I am really enjoying it for the time being.
Well Mike just looked over at me and asked "Did I really just watch 30 minutes worth of calculus videos?" Yes, yes, you did. I believe he had just meant to check his Facebook, see, math does crazy things to your brain. Antyway, off to watch a movie with my incredibly hot, math nerd husband.
Really, I have been brimming with things I've wanted to put on my blog. I think about it much of the day, everything that I'm missing. I guess if you wrote everything about life you wouldn't really have time to live it. Right? I know, deep.
So...this has been a really different summer for me. No big outings, no Jane, no great summer weather. It's been a little bothersome but not bad. My house and my cute kids are pulling me through.
Sawyer is so amazingly awesome right now. That kid has me wrapped around his finger. He is so loving, so wild, so smart. He loves doing little jobs- getting baby wipes, giving things to daddy, waking up Sadie, etc... He does it with a huge grin. He has lost yet another fingernail. The third in his short life. Ramming trucks, separated the nail, got a staph infection, on antibiotics (which he takes like a champ), fingernail came off completely sometime last night. It is probably somewhere in my bed because....
Yeah, Sawyer wakes up every night at about 2 and cries. Sometimes I can get him to lay back down but sometimes things go something like this
Mom:Sawyer, it's time to lay down on your bed (I'm holding him and patting him on his back).
Sawyer: (Mouth pursed, head thrown back, howling)Noooooo!
(Deep rough little voice, pointing across the hall to my room)Mom, beh, Mom, beh.
I can't say no (his dad can't either, he just acts like he can). I have to confess- I LOVE sleeping with my babies. I love their little arms wrapped around my neck, their little bodies snuggled up against my stomach, their soft breath. I love snuggling them for hours on end when I have no work to do, when they don't want to get down to play. I can just hold them and keep them close. I remember when Jane started sleeping in her own bed. I felt an awkward empty space. I have gotten better though, from 8:30 on really is mommy and daddy time. We have to have that now with all of these monsters.
Besides loving All of my kids I have been reveling in domesticity. It's true. My house is staying clean, I'm trying out new recipes, I've made a million batches of Freezer jam, I even ironed 3 pairs of Mike's pants today. I can't tell you how long it will last, school will start, Jane will get home, life will pick up speed, but I am really enjoying it for the time being.
Well Mike just looked over at me and asked "Did I really just watch 30 minutes worth of calculus videos?" Yes, yes, you did. I believe he had just meant to check his Facebook, see, math does crazy things to your brain. Antyway, off to watch a movie with my incredibly hot, math nerd husband.
Comments