What can I say? Life is so normal, so unimaginably good right now. I feel like I should pinch myself all day long. I have a husband that works way too few hours to actually broadcast on a blog (Don't worry, he'll be slaving away in two months and he did just work 24/7 for 15 months, your tax paying dollars are not being wasted) so for now he's home to play with me and help me all evening and sometimes even in the afternoon. I absolutely adore his company. There is a reason he is my best friend.
Ellyn's program is being put together even as I write and she is much happier as of late. She even said "more" twice this week. She is so loving and you can't help but smile when you see her (unless she's freaking out of course:).
Jane gave a family home evening lesson last night (long story about missionaries being an hour and a half late Monday due to a hike and no cell coverage) that brought tears to my eyes AND her father's as well (okay, more like a sparkle to Mike's)- it was wonderful and thoughtful and organized AND she had visuals. She is growing up into such a beautiful young woman. She is honestly so good that Mike and I wonder where she came from. It couldn't have been from us. Neither of us can claim sainthood by any stretch of the imagination. In fact Sadie says that if I don't stop swearing I am not going to heaven (I know, filthy habit that I picked up again while Mike was gone- I'm going to break it though- one of my three).
Sadie, well Sadie is Sadie. In fact this will just paint a perfect picture of our Sadie. Last night our lesson was on making or breaking habits and at the end we had to commit to three habits that we were going to make or break. One of Sadie's was obeying faster. Soon after the lesson was over Sadie was told to hurry and go get ready for bed. She was obviously stalling and her dad had to remind her of the new habit she is working on. Sadie turned to him and said "Yeah, but I'm not going to start until tomorrow." I spend half my life trying not to laugh at her cheekiness, the other half trying not to beat her.
Last but not least, our Sawyer. Sawyer is so awesome right now. I just want to smother him in kisses all day long, and in fact I do. It has been such a long time since I have had a little tot helping me. This was about the age with Ellyn that we started really thinking something was wrong and it was such a sad and stressful time. We loved her and worried about her so much. But with Sawyer we are having so much fun. He is such a little helper and keeps me happy all day. He loves his dad and can recognize the sound of his engine (it's really loud) when he comes up the hill. Then he stands at the door yelling "Da" until he sees his dad. Yesterday Mike was finishing up a segment on NPR before coming in and Sawyer took my hand and motioned for me to open the door, then he lead me down to the road (Mike has to park out in front of the house). Sawyer climbed up into his daddy's arms and hugged him for a good minute, patting his back all the while.
These kids are all keepers. My husband is amazing. I get to have my little moment of peace and happiness right? Life can't be hard all the time can it? So if you read this and think "Hmmm, this Polyanna is making me ill," please go back to Feb. or Aug. or June or oh, whenever. Ciao.
Ellyn's program is being put together even as I write and she is much happier as of late. She even said "more" twice this week. She is so loving and you can't help but smile when you see her (unless she's freaking out of course:).
Jane gave a family home evening lesson last night (long story about missionaries being an hour and a half late Monday due to a hike and no cell coverage) that brought tears to my eyes AND her father's as well (okay, more like a sparkle to Mike's)- it was wonderful and thoughtful and organized AND she had visuals. She is growing up into such a beautiful young woman. She is honestly so good that Mike and I wonder where she came from. It couldn't have been from us. Neither of us can claim sainthood by any stretch of the imagination. In fact Sadie says that if I don't stop swearing I am not going to heaven (I know, filthy habit that I picked up again while Mike was gone- I'm going to break it though- one of my three).
Sadie, well Sadie is Sadie. In fact this will just paint a perfect picture of our Sadie. Last night our lesson was on making or breaking habits and at the end we had to commit to three habits that we were going to make or break. One of Sadie's was obeying faster. Soon after the lesson was over Sadie was told to hurry and go get ready for bed. She was obviously stalling and her dad had to remind her of the new habit she is working on. Sadie turned to him and said "Yeah, but I'm not going to start until tomorrow." I spend half my life trying not to laugh at her cheekiness, the other half trying not to beat her.
Last but not least, our Sawyer. Sawyer is so awesome right now. I just want to smother him in kisses all day long, and in fact I do. It has been such a long time since I have had a little tot helping me. This was about the age with Ellyn that we started really thinking something was wrong and it was such a sad and stressful time. We loved her and worried about her so much. But with Sawyer we are having so much fun. He is such a little helper and keeps me happy all day. He loves his dad and can recognize the sound of his engine (it's really loud) when he comes up the hill. Then he stands at the door yelling "Da" until he sees his dad. Yesterday Mike was finishing up a segment on NPR before coming in and Sawyer took my hand and motioned for me to open the door, then he lead me down to the road (Mike has to park out in front of the house). Sawyer climbed up into his daddy's arms and hugged him for a good minute, patting his back all the while.
These kids are all keepers. My husband is amazing. I get to have my little moment of peace and happiness right? Life can't be hard all the time can it? So if you read this and think "Hmmm, this Polyanna is making me ill," please go back to Feb. or Aug. or June or oh, whenever. Ciao.
Comments