Mike just called and I have to say I was still fairly breathless. I could not wait to tell him what I had just been doing. Ellyn and I had just finished a game of peek a boo. A game of peek a boo where Ellyn said "peek a boo" about 10 times!
It gets better. After we had played peek a boo for quite a while (we do this by throwing her quilt over her head and then pulling it off and tickling her cute little neck) I told Ellie it was time for bed and kissed her and turned out the light. After a few seconds she started crying. I came back into her room and sat on the floor and started singing, I had a feeling she might get upset, I have to kind of distance myself at bedtime or she is really sad when I leave her. So... I was singing to Ellyn for a little while and she was quiet for a bit and then she started crying again. I looked up at her and asked if she still wanted to play and (drum roll please) SHE NODDED HER HEAD YES!!! It gives me the chills just to write that. Oh, I hope she does it again. She has shaken her head "no" a plenty but never a "yes." HURRAY! What could I do but climb back up on that bed and play with my little overachiever. I am so proud of her!
Lest you think I am biased I will give you a run down of other wonderful things my kids have said or done.
Sadie- wanted McCain to be president. Why? I'll tell you.
"Mom, McCain knows how to hunt in the jungle. What does Obama know how to do? Cook chili!" The last part being declared with utter disdain.
Evidently they read little biographies at school and jungle hunting is way more important than cooking chili.
Sawyer's new favorite thing to do is to take my hand and lead me upstairs to the bathtub, all the way upstairs. He's such a smart boy! He also loves to be really clean.
Jane- Jane and her friend Charlotte are writing a song for their flutes. She is also reading Louisa May Alcott's Eight Cousins and loving it. I don't know if I can express to you the joy this brings to my soul. Alcott books were so much a part of my growing up years, I'm so thrilled that she loves it. Here's hoping she just keeps on reading.
Mike just called to talk. Blog out!
It gets better. After we had played peek a boo for quite a while (we do this by throwing her quilt over her head and then pulling it off and tickling her cute little neck) I told Ellie it was time for bed and kissed her and turned out the light. After a few seconds she started crying. I came back into her room and sat on the floor and started singing, I had a feeling she might get upset, I have to kind of distance myself at bedtime or she is really sad when I leave her. So... I was singing to Ellyn for a little while and she was quiet for a bit and then she started crying again. I looked up at her and asked if she still wanted to play and (drum roll please) SHE NODDED HER HEAD YES!!! It gives me the chills just to write that. Oh, I hope she does it again. She has shaken her head "no" a plenty but never a "yes." HURRAY! What could I do but climb back up on that bed and play with my little overachiever. I am so proud of her!
Lest you think I am biased I will give you a run down of other wonderful things my kids have said or done.
Sadie- wanted McCain to be president. Why? I'll tell you.
"Mom, McCain knows how to hunt in the jungle. What does Obama know how to do? Cook chili!" The last part being declared with utter disdain.
Evidently they read little biographies at school and jungle hunting is way more important than cooking chili.
Sawyer's new favorite thing to do is to take my hand and lead me upstairs to the bathtub, all the way upstairs. He's such a smart boy! He also loves to be really clean.
Jane- Jane and her friend Charlotte are writing a song for their flutes. She is also reading Louisa May Alcott's Eight Cousins and loving it. I don't know if I can express to you the joy this brings to my soul. Alcott books were so much a part of my growing up years, I'm so thrilled that she loves it. Here's hoping she just keeps on reading.
Mike just called to talk. Blog out!
Comments
I love the name Charlotte. My Margaret was almost a Charlotte.