This morning Mike was reading a part of my brother and sister-in-law's blog to me out loud. Tracey was saying that they had just purchased a new camera for Christmas. She said that Christmas always comes in November for Tom. This made me giggle. It is the same at our house, Christmas in November, Mike's November birthday in October, Father's Day in April. The boy knows how to work the holidays (can I ever just let him get absolutely nothing on the actual day? Well, yes, sometimes but not often). Except... this November the Christmas came for me. Mike bought me a new camera (we didn't even know that both families were buying cameras). My poor Canon SD 1000 never completely recovered from the Gatorade. The monitor is faded with crystal like stars across the surface. The pics do turn out, if you can tell what you have taken a picture of to begin with.
Antyway... last week my sweet husband suggested that we might go for a more professional style camera. He said that he could tell that I was wanting more out of my pictures than what my camera could do (he was completely right, I am really starting to enjoy taking pictures but there is only so much you can do with a cute little point and shoot- also I love that he said that he could tell, those might not be his EXACT words but along that line, which means that a. he liked my pictures that I was taking and 2. he was in tune with my secret desire for a more advanced camera- I hadn't even mentioned it- I am definitely going to keep that guy around, once I get him around that is).
So today in the mail my beautiful new camera arrived. I read through the quick start menu just now and I am charging the battery over night. I am incredibly excited and a little intimidated by my new little gem. It's a Pentax by the by. Our justification for Christmas in November? We need beautiful pictures of the blessed reunion that is to take place in 7 DAYS!!!! Count 'em. SEVEN.
Antyway... last week my sweet husband suggested that we might go for a more professional style camera. He said that he could tell that I was wanting more out of my pictures than what my camera could do (he was completely right, I am really starting to enjoy taking pictures but there is only so much you can do with a cute little point and shoot- also I love that he said that he could tell, those might not be his EXACT words but along that line, which means that a. he liked my pictures that I was taking and 2. he was in tune with my secret desire for a more advanced camera- I hadn't even mentioned it- I am definitely going to keep that guy around, once I get him around that is).
So today in the mail my beautiful new camera arrived. I read through the quick start menu just now and I am charging the battery over night. I am incredibly excited and a little intimidated by my new little gem. It's a Pentax by the by. Our justification for Christmas in November? We need beautiful pictures of the blessed reunion that is to take place in 7 DAYS!!!! Count 'em. SEVEN.
Comments