I am trying to wean Sawyer and get him to fall asleep in his crib. All preparations for daddy coming home and because his nap time is getting ridiculous. I couldn't think of how to really do one without the other since he nurses to sleep and so tonight he was really, really tired and so I told him we weren't going to nurse and that he was going to go to sleep in his crib. He cried for 40 minutes. Way better than Ellyn's all nighter when she was 20 mos. but it was the saddest thing ever, especially when he kept calling out "Mamma." First night down, I have to be strong. As my mother told me long ago, "You were a much more practical older sister than you are a mom." Easy, I didn't like them as much! Oh, Ellynn and Brind, you will always be the babies. Don't you worry.
Sawyer, when you are a teenager and you are blaming me for all your woes you can trace it all back to this night, but you must also know how much I love and adore you and how listening to you cry broke my heart.
I can't believe it is only Tuesday. I REALLY need it to be Friday this week- Now.
Had an exciting conversation with the head of EFMP for the Army today. I got a call from the Pentagon yesterday, they have been trying to track me down since we moved. Anyway, they arranged for this Doctor to call me today. He told me all of the changes that have taken place in Europe because I spoke up when we were in Germany (I know, I'm way too cool). He told me about all the plans that are shaping up for children with Autism and their families within the Army (already in the works way before me), very cool stuff if it takes place and works. He also asked if I would be willing to come out to D.C. for a conference sometime in the near future. It really filled me with joy and comfort, knowing that the way is being paved for our Ellyn, for our family, Army life or no. We are so blessed.
Sawyer, when you are a teenager and you are blaming me for all your woes you can trace it all back to this night, but you must also know how much I love and adore you and how listening to you cry broke my heart.
I can't believe it is only Tuesday. I REALLY need it to be Friday this week- Now.
Had an exciting conversation with the head of EFMP for the Army today. I got a call from the Pentagon yesterday, they have been trying to track me down since we moved. Anyway, they arranged for this Doctor to call me today. He told me all of the changes that have taken place in Europe because I spoke up when we were in Germany (I know, I'm way too cool). He told me about all the plans that are shaping up for children with Autism and their families within the Army (already in the works way before me), very cool stuff if it takes place and works. He also asked if I would be willing to come out to D.C. for a conference sometime in the near future. It really filled me with joy and comfort, knowing that the way is being paved for our Ellyn, for our family, Army life or no. We are so blessed.
Comments
So thrilled to see the guys coming back home.
Love to the family, Linda
PS Mike is jealous that you made your way back to California.