Today I had a day filled with a million errands to do. Everything that has been put off while I got the house put together and then while I was in Germany. So... I am relieved to say that today I made it home in time to pick up Ellyn from the bus (I followed it up the hill to our house) and I got Sadie dropped off at ballet with one mile left in my gas tank (according to my computer). I made it to the gas station 2 miles away on zero miles of gas. Did I enjoy any of this- no. It made for one uptight and cranky mama.
I'll tell you what makes me happy- Sadie singing songs from Oklahoma at the top of her lungs. Sawyer wobbling down the hall, having escaped from the office I was sitting in this morning, looking back and laughing and never falling. Ellyn's bangs finally being long enough to fit into her piggy buns. The very cute outfit that Jane picked out for herself all on her own this morning (no fashion consult from mom). Seeing Mike's phone number pop up on my caller i.d. before I answer the phone and then hearing his gorgeous voice (what can I say, the guy still gives me butterflies).
What does not make me happy is that I still cannot get to my cell phone. Ellyn dropped it down off the head of my bed and because of the way the panelling on my wall is set up I can't drag it out. It's too narrow to pull up. I even bought the AS SEEN ON TV "Gopher" today because I passed a Walgreen's and dad had mentioned he had seen them there. Now I have to either have my neighbor or my home teacher come over and help me pull apart the 400 lb jigsaw puzzle that is my bed with accompanying drawers and mattress and rescue my scratched up, much abused blackberry. On the good side, it is finally out of batteries so it is no longer alerting me in the middle of the night that the Disney Store, Victoria's Secret, or Drugstore.com has sent me a very special and personalized email AND the alarm isn't going off every few minutes for an hour every morning.
There you have it. Blog out.
I'll tell you what makes me happy- Sadie singing songs from Oklahoma at the top of her lungs. Sawyer wobbling down the hall, having escaped from the office I was sitting in this morning, looking back and laughing and never falling. Ellyn's bangs finally being long enough to fit into her piggy buns. The very cute outfit that Jane picked out for herself all on her own this morning (no fashion consult from mom). Seeing Mike's phone number pop up on my caller i.d. before I answer the phone and then hearing his gorgeous voice (what can I say, the guy still gives me butterflies).
What does not make me happy is that I still cannot get to my cell phone. Ellyn dropped it down off the head of my bed and because of the way the panelling on my wall is set up I can't drag it out. It's too narrow to pull up. I even bought the AS SEEN ON TV "Gopher" today because I passed a Walgreen's and dad had mentioned he had seen them there. Now I have to either have my neighbor or my home teacher come over and help me pull apart the 400 lb jigsaw puzzle that is my bed with accompanying drawers and mattress and rescue my scratched up, much abused blackberry. On the good side, it is finally out of batteries so it is no longer alerting me in the middle of the night that the Disney Store, Victoria's Secret, or Drugstore.com has sent me a very special and personalized email AND the alarm isn't going off every few minutes for an hour every morning.
There you have it. Blog out.
Comments