I LOVED TODAY and I will tell you why...
1. Ellie was happy ALL DAY LONG. She gave me kisses and hugs and she let me put her hair in piggy buns and she left them in. She let me cut her toenails. She walked with me to pick up Sadie from her class. She was good to her brother, she laughed, and smiled, and made happy sounds... all day long.
2. I found another bird in the house and I got it out. Say it with me... CABIN!
3. We bought more Pirate's Booty. Have you ever had Pirate Booty? You should, especially because it is so fun to say.
Sadie: Mom, can I have Pirate Booty in my lunch?
Me: Yes, Sadie, you can have Pirate Booty in your lunch. Did you want Pirate Booty for your snack as well?
Sadie: Yes mom, I want Pirate Booty for my snack too.
How much less interesting would that conversation be if say, it was about raisins? Pirate's Booty is sold at your local Costco.
4. I got a brownie mix at Costco. Now I can make the yummy brownies that we had the other night at Ellisons. I have been daydreaming about those brownies. Also, I am going to make some for my neighbors as a thank you for the other day.
5. I prayed that Sawyer would take a really long nap today so that I could get some boxes unpacked, especially since I have had to go run stupid Army errands for two days in a row, and guess what!?! Sawyer napped for over two hours. He is normally about a 45 minute guy. Prayers are answered. By the way, he was adorable before and after his nap and the whole rest of the day. Even right before he went to sleep, when he dropped his binky down between the top of my bed and the wall. He was laughing. If anyone knows the huge giant wood thing that is my bed you will know that before I go to sleep tonight I am going to have to go search the house for another binky.
By the way, the shirt that Ellyn is wearing is from her daddy and Sadie got one too and they were so stinking cute and bright and colorful today that I couldn't help but be happy.
Good Night.
Comments
The Pirate Booty looks pretty alluring too!
Wish I could have been there instead of walking on plastic all over the house!!!
Love,
Barb