As usual, we had a great weekend. Friday night we drove down to Pa's retirement and center for the family swim night. It was so fun to play with the kids in the warm water. When it comes to water temperature I have senior citizen needs. When it was time to close up shop we headed up to Grandma Bennett's and Pa's for ice-cream, popcorn balls, whatever hit the mark, and continued to visit with Meags and Cor and the boys (Hazel and Bennett were on a trip with their g'ma Allen), and mom and dad. Saturday morning Mike and Cory took off early to go mountain biking. Mom and dad made delicious oatmeal pancakes and eggs and juice for breakfast and then we cleaned up and headed out for a walk in the beautiful fall sunshine with Meagan and g'ma and Harris while Pa and Wil headed off to the BYU football game.
A few hours later we were back and making lunch and then changing to go to Audrey Schickedanz's baptism. It was so good to see the Schickie's and Audrey was just glowing. Brian put together an awesome slideshow with his amazing pictures of Audrey and Paige gave a really sweet talk about Audrey being a princess in her Father's kingdom. It was a beautiful baptism. From there we drove over to Red Robin. Mike called ahead and had our name on the waiting list but we still waited 50 mins or so. To me, it was totally fine though, except for the fact I was worried about Paige. Brent and Buffy and the kids had met us over there after Isaac's race and it was so much fun to just talk while the kids played on the sidewalk.
I am grateful for the time we had outside and for the pleasant beginning of our dinner because about half way through the meal Ellie got really quiet and had a concentrated look on her face. I thought she needed to use the bathroom so I told Mike we were going to head that direction. We got just around the corner and our poor girl threw up all over the aisle, but she did miss the two of us. I was relieved, thinking we could head to the bathroom and clean up and be ready to go home. We got about ten more steps and she did it again, this time we were both hosed. I already had the attention of the waitress (if you can imagine) and so I left the mess and turned back toward our table. Mike saw us and jumped up and our server showed us the side door. Ellie was already wearing her extra outfit so I cleaned her up and wrapped her up in a sweater and her coat. I told Mike to just leave us and go enjoy dinner. Ellie and I watched Cars and waited for everyone to finish. After dinner we drove back to mom and dad's. Ellie and I jumped in the shower, Mike and the girls packed up the rest of our things, we double bagged puke clothes, and headed home (this was already the plan, this way we can sleep in on Sunday mornings).
Ellie was completely happy after her little up chuck but Sunday she seemed pretty tired and didn't want to move, so Mike stayed home with her and I took the kids to church. It's so nice having an extra adult around in those situations.
So... I did not mention that Mike took a fall on Saturday. He had a blast but skinned up his leg and arm and hand and his finger. He looked a mess but he loved being out on his bike again. I took my own spill just yesterday. It wasn't doing something tough like mountain biking, we were cleaning out the garage. I did not clear the bin I was stepping over and my other foot was on a plastic garbage sack. I hit my elbow, my shin on the stair, my knee, and my hand, so hard I actually cried. In my next life I am not going to be a klutz!!! So Mike and I have been complaining about our aching bones all day. Bonding.
My two middle girls just got home from school, I had better go. I made Moroccan chicken tonight for dinner, a new recipe, and I hope it is as good as it smells! Okay, Sadie is hanging on me and reading over my shoulder, making writing nearly impossible. Blog out.
A few hours later we were back and making lunch and then changing to go to Audrey Schickedanz's baptism. It was so good to see the Schickie's and Audrey was just glowing. Brian put together an awesome slideshow with his amazing pictures of Audrey and Paige gave a really sweet talk about Audrey being a princess in her Father's kingdom. It was a beautiful baptism. From there we drove over to Red Robin. Mike called ahead and had our name on the waiting list but we still waited 50 mins or so. To me, it was totally fine though, except for the fact I was worried about Paige. Brent and Buffy and the kids had met us over there after Isaac's race and it was so much fun to just talk while the kids played on the sidewalk.
I am grateful for the time we had outside and for the pleasant beginning of our dinner because about half way through the meal Ellie got really quiet and had a concentrated look on her face. I thought she needed to use the bathroom so I told Mike we were going to head that direction. We got just around the corner and our poor girl threw up all over the aisle, but she did miss the two of us. I was relieved, thinking we could head to the bathroom and clean up and be ready to go home. We got about ten more steps and she did it again, this time we were both hosed. I already had the attention of the waitress (if you can imagine) and so I left the mess and turned back toward our table. Mike saw us and jumped up and our server showed us the side door. Ellie was already wearing her extra outfit so I cleaned her up and wrapped her up in a sweater and her coat. I told Mike to just leave us and go enjoy dinner. Ellie and I watched Cars and waited for everyone to finish. After dinner we drove back to mom and dad's. Ellie and I jumped in the shower, Mike and the girls packed up the rest of our things, we double bagged puke clothes, and headed home (this was already the plan, this way we can sleep in on Sunday mornings).
Ellie was completely happy after her little up chuck but Sunday she seemed pretty tired and didn't want to move, so Mike stayed home with her and I took the kids to church. It's so nice having an extra adult around in those situations.
So... I did not mention that Mike took a fall on Saturday. He had a blast but skinned up his leg and arm and hand and his finger. He looked a mess but he loved being out on his bike again. I took my own spill just yesterday. It wasn't doing something tough like mountain biking, we were cleaning out the garage. I did not clear the bin I was stepping over and my other foot was on a plastic garbage sack. I hit my elbow, my shin on the stair, my knee, and my hand, so hard I actually cried. In my next life I am not going to be a klutz!!! So Mike and I have been complaining about our aching bones all day. Bonding.
My two middle girls just got home from school, I had better go. I made Moroccan chicken tonight for dinner, a new recipe, and I hope it is as good as it smells! Okay, Sadie is hanging on me and reading over my shoulder, making writing nearly impossible. Blog out.
Comments