I have not abandoned the blog. This past week Mike graduated from the Naval Post Graduate School. We went back to Monterey. I will post more about that later, I have pictures! I will say that I am so proud of him. He has spent the last few years working so hard (he always does, actually). What an amazing accomplishment! But, as I said...
We are getting this school routine down now. Bedtime is still a bit tricky. Sawyer and Sadie want to sleep together, both nervous to sleep alone. My children and their imaginations! So they tend to not fall asleep for forever, but if I separate them they don't fall asleep ever. I think bedtime will have to be moved up by half an hour.
Jane has informed me that peanut butter makes her nauseous and Sadie has a kid in her class that is allergic, so no peanut butter and jelly or honey for those two this year. I think it is the best news Sadie's teacher could have given her. Now I get to be creative, except with Ellyn. She is my ever faithful, pb&j girl. I also bought bento boxes and individual ice packs for everyone's lunch boxes this year and I am loving that. No more six million zip locks a day. Each child has a bento box with a different lid, which happens to color coordinate with their lunch boxes. At least this is the case for the girls, Sawyer has a monkey bento. I feel so organized every morning. It also helps that I have the entire time Jane is getting ready for Seminary to put lunches together, not the rush it was after going running when we lived in Carmel.
Our mornings are actually amazing now. Ellie doesn't have a 45 minute bus ride, she is no longer rushed out the door at 7:20. I wake up shortly after Jane wake's up (on days she decides to wake in the 4's, I insist on 5 myself), I go downstairs, make lunches, putter around getting little things done, get Jane out the door for Seminary, then I either work out, or, if I am going to go for a run while Sawyer is at preschool, I work on my house for an hour (or today I blog). At 7:00 I wake the kids, Sadie leaves for school at 7:50 with her friend Annie (they walk to the bus stop together), I get Ellyn dressed and her bus comes at 8:20. Sawyer hangs out with mom until preschool starts at 9:30 Monday through Thursday. Of course with Mike home this week, the schedule has been a little messed up. I can't resist climbing back into bed and snuggling once Jane leaves. However, I decided yesterday that waking up twice is way too painful so today I am back to my regular schedule.
Mike has been busy putting together our upstairs bonus room/man cave. It was the one thing I hadn't touched. It is coming together nicely and we are both excited to have the house completely put together. Still a great deal to do and we have to get all of his things assimilated into our house, which is tricky, but we are getting there.
Well I must wrap it up. I have a salad to make. The girls in our neighborhood are getting together to make Halloween wreaths today. We really have quite a great set up right here. Yesterday I couldn't help getting a little choked up. It was a beautiful day and Sadie had all of the neighbor kids lined up on the lawn in front of our house while each took turns getting their face painted. Sadie had her little kit and Annie as her assistant and they were all so cute. I'm not so much a "neighborhood" girl but it definitely has its advantages. Alright, off to chop some broccoli.
We are getting this school routine down now. Bedtime is still a bit tricky. Sawyer and Sadie want to sleep together, both nervous to sleep alone. My children and their imaginations! So they tend to not fall asleep for forever, but if I separate them they don't fall asleep ever. I think bedtime will have to be moved up by half an hour.
Jane has informed me that peanut butter makes her nauseous and Sadie has a kid in her class that is allergic, so no peanut butter and jelly or honey for those two this year. I think it is the best news Sadie's teacher could have given her. Now I get to be creative, except with Ellyn. She is my ever faithful, pb&j girl. I also bought bento boxes and individual ice packs for everyone's lunch boxes this year and I am loving that. No more six million zip locks a day. Each child has a bento box with a different lid, which happens to color coordinate with their lunch boxes. At least this is the case for the girls, Sawyer has a monkey bento. I feel so organized every morning. It also helps that I have the entire time Jane is getting ready for Seminary to put lunches together, not the rush it was after going running when we lived in Carmel.
Our mornings are actually amazing now. Ellie doesn't have a 45 minute bus ride, she is no longer rushed out the door at 7:20. I wake up shortly after Jane wake's up (on days she decides to wake in the 4's, I insist on 5 myself), I go downstairs, make lunches, putter around getting little things done, get Jane out the door for Seminary, then I either work out, or, if I am going to go for a run while Sawyer is at preschool, I work on my house for an hour (or today I blog). At 7:00 I wake the kids, Sadie leaves for school at 7:50 with her friend Annie (they walk to the bus stop together), I get Ellyn dressed and her bus comes at 8:20. Sawyer hangs out with mom until preschool starts at 9:30 Monday through Thursday. Of course with Mike home this week, the schedule has been a little messed up. I can't resist climbing back into bed and snuggling once Jane leaves. However, I decided yesterday that waking up twice is way too painful so today I am back to my regular schedule.
Mike has been busy putting together our upstairs bonus room/man cave. It was the one thing I hadn't touched. It is coming together nicely and we are both excited to have the house completely put together. Still a great deal to do and we have to get all of his things assimilated into our house, which is tricky, but we are getting there.
Well I must wrap it up. I have a salad to make. The girls in our neighborhood are getting together to make Halloween wreaths today. We really have quite a great set up right here. Yesterday I couldn't help getting a little choked up. It was a beautiful day and Sadie had all of the neighbor kids lined up on the lawn in front of our house while each took turns getting their face painted. Sadie had her little kit and Annie as her assistant and they were all so cute. I'm not so much a "neighborhood" girl but it definitely has its advantages. Alright, off to chop some broccoli.
Comments
Oh, and I HAVE to buy those bento boxes! I bought some glass containers for my kids last year but the school told me I couldn't send them anymore (I guess glass CAN be dangerous..). So is bento the safe kind of plastic, I'm guessing?