Sunday morning- "Mom? You're making a big breakfast? What holiday is it?"
After Mike jokingly smacked my leg while we were sitting on the couch and I yelped.
"Mom, that must have hurt. Look (pointing to my thigh) your leg is already swollen."
The past few weeks (since just before Christmas) have been a little unsettling in the housing department. The owners of the home that we are in have been trying to sell off and on for about 3 years. Well there is a couple that are seriously considering it and we have been requested to allow them into the home about 4 times now. Each time for about two hours. One of the times we were told it was just going to be the termite inspector. The house was somewhat straightened but Mike and I had both had the flu along with Sawyer and Ellyn was on day one of antibiotics for strep throat. I was in my p.j.'s (Sweats, so they kind of work) and I had brushed my teeth but not my hair. The buyers, the realtor, the inspector, the contractor, the buyers' son, and a friend all showed up- and stayed- for at least two hours. That was before Christmas. They came twice during Christmas when Meags and Cor were here. The first time we all went to breakfast, the second time we went for a long walk, donuts, and a drive to Big Sur. This last time Ellie was still out of school so we had a therapy session going on and Sawyer and I hung out in the playroom. It's a big decision and I can't blame them for wanting to be thorough but it has also been unsettling for all of us. Even though they cannot make us move before the end our contract they have mentioned maybe working something out so that they can get started on all of their remodeling. We still don't know if they have decided to buy, so now we just wait and hope that things don't get complicated and we can just finish out our lease in peace. The end of May is not too far off and moving plans are beginning to take shape. I can't believe we will be leaving beautiful Carmel. I knew it was going to happen but looking out at the waves hitting Point Lobos as the sun comes streaming through my dining room window makes this seem way too difficult. We have almost always lived in beautiful and amazing places and we have loved the adventure and culture of each new place. I can only think that will continue. Let's hope so!
After Mike jokingly smacked my leg while we were sitting on the couch and I yelped.
"Mom, that must have hurt. Look (pointing to my thigh) your leg is already swollen."
The past few weeks (since just before Christmas) have been a little unsettling in the housing department. The owners of the home that we are in have been trying to sell off and on for about 3 years. Well there is a couple that are seriously considering it and we have been requested to allow them into the home about 4 times now. Each time for about two hours. One of the times we were told it was just going to be the termite inspector. The house was somewhat straightened but Mike and I had both had the flu along with Sawyer and Ellyn was on day one of antibiotics for strep throat. I was in my p.j.'s (Sweats, so they kind of work) and I had brushed my teeth but not my hair. The buyers, the realtor, the inspector, the contractor, the buyers' son, and a friend all showed up- and stayed- for at least two hours. That was before Christmas. They came twice during Christmas when Meags and Cor were here. The first time we all went to breakfast, the second time we went for a long walk, donuts, and a drive to Big Sur. This last time Ellie was still out of school so we had a therapy session going on and Sawyer and I hung out in the playroom. It's a big decision and I can't blame them for wanting to be thorough but it has also been unsettling for all of us. Even though they cannot make us move before the end our contract they have mentioned maybe working something out so that they can get started on all of their remodeling. We still don't know if they have decided to buy, so now we just wait and hope that things don't get complicated and we can just finish out our lease in peace. The end of May is not too far off and moving plans are beginning to take shape. I can't believe we will be leaving beautiful Carmel. I knew it was going to happen but looking out at the waves hitting Point Lobos as the sun comes streaming through my dining room window makes this seem way too difficult. We have almost always lived in beautiful and amazing places and we have loved the adventure and culture of each new place. I can only think that will continue. Let's hope so!
Comments