Skip to main content

Over a Week Already

Update- the deal on the house fell through. I feel badly for the owners but I am relieved that we do not have to worry about a crazy, unsettling spring. Yay!!!

I decided to quit my gym co-op this past week. Ever since we joined Sawyer has been sick week after week. I thought that maybe it was just his little body couldn't recover but he stayed healthy for the full three weeks we didn't do co-op during Christmas and until Ellie went back to school on the 10th. Four days back and he had a fever and a cold (two of the kids he had played with came down with a fever two days before). It's just not worth it, there are about 12 kids in one little room for an hour every day, germ city. Two friends and I are going to do a little pre-school three days a week. They are his little buddies in Sunbeams, Preston and Felicity, and I think it will be a really fun time. Our good friend that used to teach in an autism classroom is lending us some materials and we've come up with a pretty cool little schedule. Truthfully, this is not really my thing. Normally, I don't love being tied to a schedule or having to be creative in teaching and entertaining children (I know, I'm awful). However Sawyer needs a little something and I'm not ready for full fledged pre-school. This way I can still get in some runs, do some errands, etc... and get to play with three darling little three year olds once a week. They really are the cutest kids, I'm kind of excited.

So this cold has been really terrible. Mike, Jane, Sawyer, and I have been really sick. This little germ includes sinus pressure that makes you feel sure your head is going to explode, an excruciating sore throat, aches and pains, and enough clear runny snot to fill a bathtub. Awesome!

Not that life is all gloom and doom. It is sunny and in the mid 60's. I found out that in Kansas we will have guaranteed housing for Ellie. Ellyn is saying lots of little words, Mike's schedule is not as hectic as we had feared, and I have a friend from the ward that runs with me Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 5:30. She doesn't want to go as far or as fast but I just love having someone to meet and run with and she's a very fun girl. I am still having heel issues but I think I am going to do the Newport Marathon on June 5th. I have figured out my schedule and I'm pretty excited.

All of the kids are doing well, minus illness.

Jane is having fun with friends at school church and staying caught up in school. She has been working really hard on not arguing with me which has been awesome. She is a little concerned that I will embarrass her when I chaperone the stake dance this Saturday night but she should have no worries. I'm a little shy when I don't know anybody and no one I know is going:)

Sadie is happy and drama as per usual. I got a call from the school today telling me that Sadie had fallen and hurt her elbow, they put her on the phone and she proceeded to tell me that there was no way she was going to be able to bend her arm for the rest of the day. I convinced her that staying at school would really be in her best interest since Mike was sitting next to me and threatening to ACE bandage her arm to her side for the weekend "to protect it." She reluctantly agreed to stay. She knows that with Jane and dad both home today she is missing out on fun.

Ellyn
is developing in so many ways. She is obsessed with her movies and Dora and on the one hand we hate it because we want her doing other things and having movies going all the time is annoying, but on the other hand she is picking up words and also working very hard to communicate with us what it is she wants. We try to strike a balance and it is so exciting to see development almost daily.

Sawyer
is such a character. He uses little phrases like "you makin' me nuts," "let me think about it (while rubbing his chin)," and quotes whole passages from his favorite books (especially I Need My Monster, Grandma Barb). He is so kind and loving he can get away with just about anything because the whole family is a slave to those big brown eyes and his sweet smile. Right now Mike is making the Time Out sign with his hands and Sawyer is saying "Nope, I good boy," while happily munching on his lunch. He sat on the counter just now while I made his bagel and cream cheese and he told me "Ank you, mom. I'm so happy," including a little hug around the neck. How can you not just adore that?

I have almost no energy right now and only slightly more will power so I best try to get some laundry folded and some straightening done. I miss being sick when I could just lounge around and read and sleep. Oh so many years ago!

Comments

Joan said…
I love hearing about your kids and you. I love that it is important to find time to run. The other day I mentioned to, actually, it was Angela that I had felt like I was selfish all my years of waking up early and working out because I was dead at night. I loved her response. I wasn't selfish! Yes, and no time to ever lay around when your sick. Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

2018 and Another Go!

For almost three years I have been thinking how very sad it is that I hadn't continued to keep a journal of our family activities.  No more deployment letters and emails to Mike, no more family blog to keep grandparents and aunts and uncles connected to our family.  Nothing but printed off monthly calendars saved in a file somewhere.  I guess our family blog died a slow death when we lived in Washington and we were seeing everyone all of the time.  It just was not important to keep everyone informed.  They were right there with us.  I did not stop, in all the chaos, to think how very important the blog might be to me, or to my children.  I have often thought of the cute pictures and quotes we had saved on our family blog.  I thought of the interviews I did with the kiddos, and how grateful I was that, somewhere, on a dusty webpage, those beautiful faces, those funny antics, still existed.  I have checked to make sure the blog still existed fr...

MICHAEL IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!

My Michael is coming home . You can't just say it. You have to SING it. Tomorrow my tall, strong, gorgeous, husband will be here and it will be beautiful. He will nestle into the life of our family and we will have him with us, here, in our house, in our family . He'll help put on jammies and read stories, and tutor Jane in math. He'll take me on dates and wrestle at least one child during sacrament meeting. He'll snuggle me in bed at night and nuzzle my neck while I'm doing dishes. We'll go for walks and play games and watch movies and do fun family Saturday stuff. He'll help carry a kid down to the car and then he'll drive while I put on my makeup ! We love him, we know how much he loves us. We can't wait! Don't worry, I won't work him to death. I won't make him cook dinner every night for the next 10 months or hand over the kids and take off to the spa for the weekend (tempting, but... no). We just want him HERE. I kee...
November 7, 2020, My Beautiful and Wise Daughter, Jane. I can breathe again. I won't be going to bed with my stomach in knots and my whole body feeling tight. I won’t be listening to a President who gains momentum by tearing others down. I won’t be going to sleep worrying that my children won’t have clean water to drink or clean air to breathe. I won’t be going to sleep thinking about the horrific experiences of children being torn from their mother’s and father’s arms because they were seeking refuge. I won’t be living in fear of the rapidly-growing racist attitudes and prejudice—that someday harm would come upon my baby that I have now and my future children. That my sister and my cousin and others that I love won’t be stripped of their rights and feel like they are any less of a human being than the rest of us. If this election wasn’t going to change anything for you and if you didn’t see the harm that Trump was causing, that is great and I’m sincerely glad that you have that p...