I'm not ready for summer to be over, in Carmel it was never really here. I'm not ready for the rush to begin again. I'm not ready for my little babes to be away from me all day long. I miss them already.
But... First day of school outfits are picked out, lunch boxes are found, school supplies are purchased, Father's blessings have been given. We are as ready as we need to be.
The house is still, so still that I can hear each of my four children breathing the deep, heavy breaths of slumber. Just a few nights ago lights would still be on, treats would still be an upcoming event, my two children whose names begin with the letter "S" would still be wildly racing around the house, Super Hero personnas flicking from one to the next within minutes.
Not tonight. Tomorrow a new year school year begins. I pray it's a good one.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
But... First day of school outfits are picked out, lunch boxes are found, school supplies are purchased, Father's blessings have been given. We are as ready as we need to be.
The house is still, so still that I can hear each of my four children breathing the deep, heavy breaths of slumber. Just a few nights ago lights would still be on, treats would still be an upcoming event, my two children whose names begin with the letter "S" would still be wildly racing around the house, Super Hero personnas flicking from one to the next within minutes.
Not tonight. Tomorrow a new year school year begins. I pray it's a good one.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Comments