Things I haven't talked about- can you ever cover everything? No.
The kids and I have decided that we are going to start going swimming every Wednesday afternoon. We went last week and had a great time, barely made it home in time for dinner and YW, but that is the one day Ellyn doesn't have tutoring.
We have a wonderful woman from our ward, Anne Sirman, doing Ellyn's respite now. Finally, after 4 1/2 months. She basically comes to help with Isabella since most of the tutoring session requires 2 people these days. Anne takes care of Tues. and Thurs. so I can spend time helping with homework, making dinner, and on Tuesday, spending an hour at the gym with Jane (Mike takes her on Thursday). Anne was given the calling of being Ellyn's aide in Primary since Ellie was getting way too big to hang out with the nursery kids. Mike and I are her home teachers, so every Thursday she will stay after and eat dinner with us. I am so pleased with this development.
Friday Mike and Sawyer and I went on a hike with Beth and Junior and then went out for lunch at Pacific Thai down in Pacific Grove. I had sticky rice and Mango and I will never be the same- DELISH! Last Sunday the Lorahs came over for dinner and Junior taught us how to make fried rice (his mom was the chef for the king of Thailand). We love the Lorahs.
Sunday I taught a lesson on keeping a journal, as I read back through my entries in this blog I realized what a personal treasure I have. Sure, it frustrates me sometimes, but I am so grateful that I have it. On a side note I used a self tanner that was supposed to spray on evenly and develop in 2-4 hours. I put it on 2 1/2 hours before church and guess what???? It seemed like it was developing evenly during Sacrament Meeting "Yes, yes, I should think clean thoughts. Hmmm.... look how well my self tanner is turning out- Wait! Clean thoughts are good and yes?" However, by the time I got to YW, where I was teaching my lesson I was tucking them behind my bag. I didn't want to point them out until after the lesson because I didn't want the girls to lose focus. So... afterward I showed them and we all had ourselves a little chuckle. Obviously that stuff will go on evenly only if sprayed on by Michelangelo.
Sawyer is hilarious. Have I mentioned ever that he does not pronounce his consonants? He doesn't. Guessing his words takes skill and savvy, Jane is best. He also loves "Banbaids" right now (yes, he does pronounce THOSE consonants) and he pretty much goes out of his way to get hurt so he can sport CARS, Spiderman, or Transformers banbaids. He will also look for ouchies on you in case you need one. You put that boy in his "BATMAN" mask and he takes on a whole new persona. Kicking and Karate chopping the air, toys, furniture, people, hiding behind furniture, jumping off furniture, using a low, growly voice. It really is the cutest thing ever. I wish we could keep him at this stage forever, it kills me that this is our last toddler running around the house. Mike reminds me however, that in just a few years we will have a house full of them again and if my mom and dad's house and Kenn and Barb's house are any indication then he is absolutely right. But still....
Well my computer is about to die because I have been too lazy to get up and find the charger. I am off to bed, praying that for the first night in three nights, Ellyn stays asleep till morning. Good thing she's so cute. Blog out.
The kids and I have decided that we are going to start going swimming every Wednesday afternoon. We went last week and had a great time, barely made it home in time for dinner and YW, but that is the one day Ellyn doesn't have tutoring.
We have a wonderful woman from our ward, Anne Sirman, doing Ellyn's respite now. Finally, after 4 1/2 months. She basically comes to help with Isabella since most of the tutoring session requires 2 people these days. Anne takes care of Tues. and Thurs. so I can spend time helping with homework, making dinner, and on Tuesday, spending an hour at the gym with Jane (Mike takes her on Thursday). Anne was given the calling of being Ellyn's aide in Primary since Ellie was getting way too big to hang out with the nursery kids. Mike and I are her home teachers, so every Thursday she will stay after and eat dinner with us. I am so pleased with this development.
Friday Mike and Sawyer and I went on a hike with Beth and Junior and then went out for lunch at Pacific Thai down in Pacific Grove. I had sticky rice and Mango and I will never be the same- DELISH! Last Sunday the Lorahs came over for dinner and Junior taught us how to make fried rice (his mom was the chef for the king of Thailand). We love the Lorahs.
Sunday I taught a lesson on keeping a journal, as I read back through my entries in this blog I realized what a personal treasure I have. Sure, it frustrates me sometimes, but I am so grateful that I have it. On a side note I used a self tanner that was supposed to spray on evenly and develop in 2-4 hours. I put it on 2 1/2 hours before church and guess what???? It seemed like it was developing evenly during Sacrament Meeting "Yes, yes, I should think clean thoughts. Hmmm.... look how well my self tanner is turning out- Wait! Clean thoughts are good and yes?" However, by the time I got to YW, where I was teaching my lesson I was tucking them behind my bag. I didn't want to point them out until after the lesson because I didn't want the girls to lose focus. So... afterward I showed them and we all had ourselves a little chuckle. Obviously that stuff will go on evenly only if sprayed on by Michelangelo.
Sawyer is hilarious. Have I mentioned ever that he does not pronounce his consonants? He doesn't. Guessing his words takes skill and savvy, Jane is best. He also loves "Banbaids" right now (yes, he does pronounce THOSE consonants) and he pretty much goes out of his way to get hurt so he can sport CARS, Spiderman, or Transformers banbaids. He will also look for ouchies on you in case you need one. You put that boy in his "BATMAN" mask and he takes on a whole new persona. Kicking and Karate chopping the air, toys, furniture, people, hiding behind furniture, jumping off furniture, using a low, growly voice. It really is the cutest thing ever. I wish we could keep him at this stage forever, it kills me that this is our last toddler running around the house. Mike reminds me however, that in just a few years we will have a house full of them again and if my mom and dad's house and Kenn and Barb's house are any indication then he is absolutely right. But still....
Well my computer is about to die because I have been too lazy to get up and find the charger. I am off to bed, praying that for the first night in three nights, Ellyn stays asleep till morning. Good thing she's so cute. Blog out.
Comments