Yesterday was an amazing Ellyn day. So amazing that she gets her own little post. Yesterday morning we dressed her up as a princess. I wondered if she would care if I put on makeup. I brought out my huge hand mirror and put this color eyeshadow on her eyes. She looked in the mirror and then smiled and touched her eyelids lightly with her fingertip. Then... I got out my lip gloss and instead of trying to eat it she pursed her lips and let me put it on. We were all so excited.
The next beautiful moment came in the van. Jane had already left on her bus and we were waiting for Ellyn's. We were singing Primary songs and started singing "I am a Child of God." This is Ellyn's favorite song, it soothes her like not many things can. Sometimes I sing it over and over in the night to help her calm down and go back to sleep. I decided long ago that this was the message I wanted Ellyn to absorb more than anything else in this world, that she is a beloved child of our Father in Heaven. He loves her, He has a plan for her, He sent her to us so that we could care for her. The last few days I have listened closely, it seemed that Ellyn might be trying to sing along. I couldn't say for sure though. BUT... yesterday as we were singing and got to the part where we sing "Teach me all that I must do," Ellyn sang "DO" as clear as a bell, right note and everything. It was beautiful, amazing, spiritual. I could barely sing. She is so beautiful. I love that little girl with all my heart. I know the Lord is watching over her and wants what's best for her. I just need to always remember to have FAITH. The rest of the day was filled with all of our Halloween activities, Ellyn loved it all. It was a wonderful Ellyn day.
Comments
That is so exciting!!! She is such a precious little spirit that I feel is starting to make her connections.... You are a wonderful mother for her!
Love,
Barb
I love your post about Ellyn! She's beautiful! Is she autistic? Savannah was diagnosed with high functioning autism about 6 years ago. Whatever the case you sound like an amazing mother!!