Well another day has come to a close. I kept my temper, most of the day. Besides Sadie climbing up on the table and standing up there to play with Sawyer amidst all of the dinner dishes and stepping on the lap top and Jane telling me as we are about to get into bed that we have to remember her tennis shoes and socks tomorrow and me making her go set them out and her being a big wimp about going into the kitchen, besides those times I did pretty well.
So I have scheduled the fixing of the dogs. Joe lifted his leg to pee this morning and again at the meadow this afternoon, not a good sign. The vet uses a laser, pretty impressive, state of the art testosterone destroyer. So Thursday morning at 9:00 they will meet their doom. Hopefully our last big expense for the puppies in their long life.
Today was a good day. Sawyer and I got some errands done, picked up Ellyn, and then went to Wal-mart for a phone and a toaster oven and a longer ethernet cable. We came home and ate lunch and played with the puppies and then I took puppies and babies to the meadow for a walk. The girls got home from school and noticed the leashes were gone and came running out to the meadow to find us. We played for a bit and then came home.
I fixed and then cleaned up dinner while Jane worked on homework, the dogs sniffed everywhere for scraps, Ellyn wandered, and Sadie kept Sawyer entertained in his high chair by being very loud, and oh yes, standing on the table.
Today when I went to pick Ellyn up she was covered in marker from head to toe. She loves writing on herself, every chance she can get. They said they were going to stop her but she was so happy... So even after a long soak and a scrubbing in the tub she still looks like a tattoo artist. She does love school though and you can tell that they are already loving her. I just need to make sure they know we discourage writing on ourselves. It doesn't go with any of her cute outfits.
I am trying every night to read a little story from a primary lesson or from a family home evening lesson off of LDS.org along with scriptures. I'm hoping it will just be a little helper for the girls and also keep the gospel a bigger part of their day to day lives. I think so much of the scriptures go over Sadie's head. and while they are vital I want to make sure she is getting good concepts that she understands as well. She is such a sweet girl.
Jane is still having good days at school. Hopefully this will continue. Sadie seems to be kind of overwhelming some of the girls. She is getting along with one or another on a daily basis so she is happy. She is so used to Sophia being as rambunctious as she is that I think it will take a little bit of an adjustment.
Well I had better get to bed. I am very nervous again about the timing of everything now that they have Ellyn's bus scheduled. Ellyn has to be dressed and fed by the time we leave at 6:40 (that is when we start loading up kids) and we have to for sure be back here by 7:10 after dropping Jane off at the elementary school to catch the bus to the middle school. You know how difficult time things are for me, it just doesn't seem fair. Oh well. I think the next three months are going to be the longest of the whole deployment. I'm so ready to be out of "marathon mode" and just into a happy family mode. You know, where the daddy comes home and makes dinner and then cleans it up and then bathes the kids and puts them in their matching pj's and tucks them into bed. Doesn't that just sound dreamy?
So I have scheduled the fixing of the dogs. Joe lifted his leg to pee this morning and again at the meadow this afternoon, not a good sign. The vet uses a laser, pretty impressive, state of the art testosterone destroyer. So Thursday morning at 9:00 they will meet their doom. Hopefully our last big expense for the puppies in their long life.
Today was a good day. Sawyer and I got some errands done, picked up Ellyn, and then went to Wal-mart for a phone and a toaster oven and a longer ethernet cable. We came home and ate lunch and played with the puppies and then I took puppies and babies to the meadow for a walk. The girls got home from school and noticed the leashes were gone and came running out to the meadow to find us. We played for a bit and then came home.
I fixed and then cleaned up dinner while Jane worked on homework, the dogs sniffed everywhere for scraps, Ellyn wandered, and Sadie kept Sawyer entertained in his high chair by being very loud, and oh yes, standing on the table.
Today when I went to pick Ellyn up she was covered in marker from head to toe. She loves writing on herself, every chance she can get. They said they were going to stop her but she was so happy... So even after a long soak and a scrubbing in the tub she still looks like a tattoo artist. She does love school though and you can tell that they are already loving her. I just need to make sure they know we discourage writing on ourselves. It doesn't go with any of her cute outfits.
I am trying every night to read a little story from a primary lesson or from a family home evening lesson off of LDS.org along with scriptures. I'm hoping it will just be a little helper for the girls and also keep the gospel a bigger part of their day to day lives. I think so much of the scriptures go over Sadie's head. and while they are vital I want to make sure she is getting good concepts that she understands as well. She is such a sweet girl.
Jane is still having good days at school. Hopefully this will continue. Sadie seems to be kind of overwhelming some of the girls. She is getting along with one or another on a daily basis so she is happy. She is so used to Sophia being as rambunctious as she is that I think it will take a little bit of an adjustment.
Well I had better get to bed. I am very nervous again about the timing of everything now that they have Ellyn's bus scheduled. Ellyn has to be dressed and fed by the time we leave at 6:40 (that is when we start loading up kids) and we have to for sure be back here by 7:10 after dropping Jane off at the elementary school to catch the bus to the middle school. You know how difficult time things are for me, it just doesn't seem fair. Oh well. I think the next three months are going to be the longest of the whole deployment. I'm so ready to be out of "marathon mode" and just into a happy family mode. You know, where the daddy comes home and makes dinner and then cleans it up and then bathes the kids and puts them in their matching pj's and tucks them into bed. Doesn't that just sound dreamy?
Comments