Anyone that knows Sadie will not be surprised when I tell you the girl rocked the ... Middle School production of "Snow White Goes West." No, she wasn't Snow or Queenie or a dwarf. Nope, she was a 6th grader, talent yet to be determined when she auditioned, nobody. Sadie was a dwarf cousin, an extra, if you will. EXTRA amazing! Seriously, I will be humble when I need to be. But... I'm so proud of Sadie. By the time the play was ready to perform Sadie had two speaking lines, a solo line in one of the songs, and was part of two featured dancing groups. Her facial expressions were... incredibly expressive, comical, appropriate, completely enjoyable to watch. She has a gift, she's a natural, a joy to watch. Her teacher thought so too. She told me that she can't wait to have Sadie for two more years, that she has high hopes for what our girl can do. Okay, the rest of the performers also did well. The play was on par with something a high school would do. It is a performing arts middle school after all. Sadie's teacher also takes theater very seriously, which I think is wonderful. Sadie has loved learning from her. Well as the pictures show, Sadie was voted Best Female Singer. I am so proud of her. She worked so hard, even through being sick and dealing with a bad knee.*

I would like to also add that Sadie had incredible support. Both sets of grandparents drove two hours to watch their Sadie girl. I loved getting to sit with both sets of my parents. They are all so wonderful. Dad's laugh definitely enhanced the performance. Anything is funnier when dad is laughing. Meags and Cor and all of the kids came up for the Saturday night performance as well. We had so much fun with both sets of company! We are all very grateful that we get to live close enough to one another to share in these kind of experiences.
Sadie told me yesterday that she was suffering from post show blues. I have no doubt that is true.

*Sadie slipped getting on the bus back in December. It was snowy and icy and she slipped on the steps and did damage to her knee. She was in a knee brace for four weeks and was finally just seen by a physical therapist this past week. Her knee is still pretty weak and sore.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

I would like to also add that Sadie had incredible support. Both sets of grandparents drove two hours to watch their Sadie girl. I loved getting to sit with both sets of my parents. They are all so wonderful. Dad's laugh definitely enhanced the performance. Anything is funnier when dad is laughing. Meags and Cor and all of the kids came up for the Saturday night performance as well. We had so much fun with both sets of company! We are all very grateful that we get to live close enough to one another to share in these kind of experiences.
Sadie told me yesterday that she was suffering from post show blues. I have no doubt that is true.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Comments