Weeks and days have passed without a post. I have been overwhelmed with the "catch up" process. I will have to catch up in spurts.
Sawyer loves watching the traffic lights and the cars ahead of us. When we were stopped at lights he kept asking "what we waitin' for mom?" so I have been teaching him the rules of the road. Sadie has been teaching him his left and right, so now he watches the GPS and tells me
which direction I should go, when I should stop, when I should go. It is too much fun.
Ellie is still into Dora in a big way. You can hear her happily repeating "come on, let's go" as she wanders through the house. She has also started saying "Happy" but mostly when she is furious. I know she is recognizing an emotion. It's awesome. Ellie is also sporting the "Dora Do." Aunty Ellynn gave our girl a bob and it is so cute and sassy. Ellie hates to have her hair brushed and now she hates it for a little less time each morning.
Sadie was having friend issues. One of her best little friends got mad at her and then convinced other girls to do the same. After Sadie made some attempts to make amends to no avail I told Sadie that maybe it was time to move on, it had been about two weeks. I told her this little girl might not deserve her friendship. So after days of Sadie arriving home melancholy she skipped happily down the steps of the bus Friday afternoon. She proclaimed that this was the best day ever! "mom, you told me to give up but I didn't and now K- and I are friends again!" uh....
Jane has been incredibly busy with music this month. Tis the season. She is accompanying the choir for her school concert, has several mini solos and duets in the band and orchestra and is playing with the young women/men and the primary for the ward Christmas party. She is so good and does so well playing in public. I don't get that at all. I always got so nervous. Even though a flute can be a bit piercing it is really enjoyable to hear her practice each night.
Mike is same-oh, same-oh. So slammed. He did get an xbox kinnect for bday/Christmas from his parents and we have been loving jammin' to dance central (those of you that know my coordination skills please feel free to take a moment to laugh), you should see Soy dance, hilarious. Ellie even loves to dance around.
Mike and Jane and I are doing the Lose It app and my sister has joined in. Who knew counting calories could be so much fun? I did have to enter like 3,000 calories for my "Eclipse" DVD viewing party last night but it was so worth it!
I am just attempting to stay on top of all the holiday hub bub. Baking starts tomorrow. Christmas decor went up the day before Thanksgiving. Hopefully we will have a peaceful, enjoyable holiday and we will be able to focus on our Savior and his birth. That's the plan. Eggnog out.
Sawyer loves watching the traffic lights and the cars ahead of us. When we were stopped at lights he kept asking "what we waitin' for mom?" so I have been teaching him the rules of the road. Sadie has been teaching him his left and right, so now he watches the GPS and tells me
which direction I should go, when I should stop, when I should go. It is too much fun.
Ellie is still into Dora in a big way. You can hear her happily repeating "come on, let's go" as she wanders through the house. She has also started saying "Happy" but mostly when she is furious. I know she is recognizing an emotion. It's awesome. Ellie is also sporting the "Dora Do." Aunty Ellynn gave our girl a bob and it is so cute and sassy. Ellie hates to have her hair brushed and now she hates it for a little less time each morning.
Sadie was having friend issues. One of her best little friends got mad at her and then convinced other girls to do the same. After Sadie made some attempts to make amends to no avail I told Sadie that maybe it was time to move on, it had been about two weeks. I told her this little girl might not deserve her friendship. So after days of Sadie arriving home melancholy she skipped happily down the steps of the bus Friday afternoon. She proclaimed that this was the best day ever! "mom, you told me to give up but I didn't and now K- and I are friends again!" uh....
Jane has been incredibly busy with music this month. Tis the season. She is accompanying the choir for her school concert, has several mini solos and duets in the band and orchestra and is playing with the young women/men and the primary for the ward Christmas party. She is so good and does so well playing in public. I don't get that at all. I always got so nervous. Even though a flute can be a bit piercing it is really enjoyable to hear her practice each night.
Mike is same-oh, same-oh. So slammed. He did get an xbox kinnect for bday/Christmas from his parents and we have been loving jammin' to dance central (those of you that know my coordination skills please feel free to take a moment to laugh), you should see Soy dance, hilarious. Ellie even loves to dance around.
Mike and Jane and I are doing the Lose It app and my sister has joined in. Who knew counting calories could be so much fun? I did have to enter like 3,000 calories for my "Eclipse" DVD viewing party last night but it was so worth it!
I am just attempting to stay on top of all the holiday hub bub. Baking starts tomorrow. Christmas decor went up the day before Thanksgiving. Hopefully we will have a peaceful, enjoyable holiday and we will be able to focus on our Savior and his birth. That's the plan. Eggnog out.
Comments