Seventeen years ago this morning we were arriving at the Portland temple to be married for
time and all eternity. I was so nervous and so excited. You were so handsome and I couldn't believe you were going to be MINE. Michael, I love you more than I ever thought possible all those years ago, back when I couldn't imagine a stronger feeling (definitely involved hormones;-). We have been through so many good times- and bad. We have weathered both, I have the wrinkles to prove it. I think that if someone had sat down my 19 year old self and had given me a list of what we would face and do during these seventeen years I might have run away shrieking, possibly to a nunnery. Yet, our life has been one of joy, of learning, of growing. Life has been filled with the unexpected, it has never been boring! Thank you for sharing your love and your life with me. Thanks for growing up with me, for supporting me in becoming the woman I was meant to be. I am forever grateful for your trust; in our relationship and the love we have for each other, and for the decisions I make with you and without you. I guess I have the Army to thank for some of that. I love knowing that whether I want it or not you will be honest with me, that you won't coddle me, but you will never leave me hanging. I know that you will move heaven and earth to make something work for me or for our kids if you know it is important to me. You forgive me over and over, (if you didn't have so many pet peeves that part would be way easier for you:-). You know how to soothe my soul and make me feel safe and cherished and loved. I know that God meant for you to be one of my greatest blessings, the means for a happy and fulfilling life, my gift into the eternities. You are all of these things. I love you Michael.

time and all eternity. I was so nervous and so excited. You were so handsome and I couldn't believe you were going to be MINE. Michael, I love you more than I ever thought possible all those years ago, back when I couldn't imagine a stronger feeling (definitely involved hormones;-). We have been through so many good times- and bad. We have weathered both, I have the wrinkles to prove it. I think that if someone had sat down my 19 year old self and had given me a list of what we would face and do during these seventeen years I might have run away shrieking, possibly to a nunnery. Yet, our life has been one of joy, of learning, of growing. Life has been filled with the unexpected, it has never been boring! Thank you for sharing your love and your life with me. Thanks for growing up with me, for supporting me in becoming the woman I was meant to be. I am forever grateful for your trust; in our relationship and the love we have for each other, and for the decisions I make with you and without you. I guess I have the Army to thank for some of that. I love knowing that whether I want it or not you will be honest with me, that you won't coddle me, but you will never leave me hanging. I know that you will move heaven and earth to make something work for me or for our kids if you know it is important to me. You forgive me over and over, (if you didn't have so many pet peeves that part would be way easier for you:-). You know how to soothe my soul and make me feel safe and cherished and loved. I know that God meant for you to be one of my greatest blessings, the means for a happy and fulfilling life, my gift into the eternities. You are all of these things. I love you Michael.
Comments