Now! Ellyn has been saying lots of little new words- "bat" when she put her batman in the fish tank, "Come on" when I said it first and told her it was time to get on the bus and a few times since, she said "don't" and she says "car" once a day or so. She will sometimes say "stop" and "nose," "kiss," and she sang "dream" in a song the other day. She says "more" on a regular basis and has been caught counting three times this week up to the number 5! She says "ouch" and "some" and "jump" and "YES" which is an especially big deal. It is awesome and amazing and so exciting for the whole family. We are praying that this continues and that more words come along as well. Anybody that wants to pray with us is welcome to as well:-). I am trying not to get my hopes up, we have had little short periods with little words before but this time seems to be sticking. Her comprehension is definitely improving, I feel like she is really understanding so much more of what is going on around her. She is such an amazing girl and I want so badly for her to be able to communicate her needs, wants, feelings, to those around her. So here's hoping... and praying.
Now! Ellyn has been saying lots of little new words- "bat" when she put her batman in the fish tank, "Come on" when I said it first and told her it was time to get on the bus and a few times since, she said "don't" and she says "car" once a day or so. She will sometimes say "stop" and "nose," "kiss," and she sang "dream" in a song the other day. She says "more" on a regular basis and has been caught counting three times this week up to the number 5! She says "ouch" and "some" and "jump" and "YES" which is an especially big deal. It is awesome and amazing and so exciting for the whole family. We are praying that this continues and that more words come along as well. Anybody that wants to pray with us is welcome to as well:-). I am trying not to get my hopes up, we have had little short periods with little words before but this time seems to be sticking. Her comprehension is definitely improving, I feel like she is really understanding so much more of what is going on around her. She is such an amazing girl and I want so badly for her to be able to communicate her needs, wants, feelings, to those around her. So here's hoping... and praying.
Comments