Skip to main content

Vacation, San Diego 2010

Last December Kenn offered to let us use their time share this year for Mike's fall break. All those months ago it seemed a long way off. Suddenly it is here and gone. But...we had a wonderful time in beautiful San Diego. Our week of Heaven. The entire purpose of this vacation was to have A VACATION. While we love going to Washington for every single break we get we come home exhausted. Trying to fit fun activities in with both of our families leaves us running a million miles an hour. Also, our kids are off with their cousins and we don't get that quality time with them that we crave.

This trip was perfect. We stayed at the Lawrence Welk Resort (I felt that maybe we should have been at least 50 before arrival but it all worked out). We spent our days alternating between activities in San Diego and just lounging around our condo and the pool. We ate sooo much; yummy treats, awesome Mexican food, sugar cereal (you know how I feel about sugar cereal). We packed lunches for our days out and about. We spent a day picnicking at Balboa Park and visiting the Mormon Battalion Museum and Old Town San Diego, a day at the San Diego Zoo, a day at Sea World, and the rest swimming. Marnie came up to spend the day with us on Tuesday, a swimming, game playing, eating day.

Along with our low maintenance trip, I did not worry overly about taking pictures. I knew, however, that I would REALLY regret none at all so we took a few.

Mormon Battalion Museum- Monday.

The pic they take there.
The family panning for gold, I had high hopes!
Jane finally doing some laundry!
Water, need we say more?


Sadie was chosen to dress in the Soldier Uniform.

San Diego Zoo- Wednesday. Mike had never been to the San Diego Zoo, neither had the three youngest. It is such an excellent zoo and I was so impressed with our kids' stamina throughout the entire day. Although we rented a wheelchair for Ellyn (she doesn't fit in the strollers anymore) she walked most of the day. We used it to spell off Sawyer and Sadie occasionally.

Sadie, a little nervous on the Sky Ride.

This baby gorilla and Sawyer played together for several minutes, it was darling.
Of course anything that involved water received Ellyn's complete attention.


Sea World- Thursday. The kids loved the entire day. You can only imagine how enthralled Ellyn was with all the water, how much the kids all loved the Dolphin, Sea Lion, and Shamu show, how absolutely great a day we had at Sea World.








The kids loved the rides right before we went to see SHAMU.


Sawyer being a shark after viewing the awesome shark exhibit.

What's Sea World without a pic of Shamu?

Comments

Darla said…
I'm sooo glad you guys could have a REAL vacation!! That's so great! I hope we can do that someday soon! And San Diego? Gorgeous. I'm sure the weather was perfect, as well. Your kids are all beautiful, Brooke.

Popular posts from this blog

MICHAEL IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!

My Michael is coming home . You can't just say it. You have to SING it. Tomorrow my tall, strong, gorgeous, husband will be here and it will be beautiful. He will nestle into the life of our family and we will have him with us, here, in our house, in our family . He'll help put on jammies and read stories, and tutor Jane in math. He'll take me on dates and wrestle at least one child during sacrament meeting. He'll snuggle me in bed at night and nuzzle my neck while I'm doing dishes. We'll go for walks and play games and watch movies and do fun family Saturday stuff. He'll help carry a kid down to the car and then he'll drive while I put on my makeup ! We love him, we know how much he loves us. We can't wait! Don't worry, I won't work him to death. I won't make him cook dinner every night for the next 10 months or hand over the kids and take off to the spa for the weekend (tempting, but... no). We just want him HERE. I kee...

Fun weeks!!!

These past two weeks- three weeks have been quite fun. Up till now school has been really hard. With friends and work. This Jenna that I beleive has already been mentioned is really mean to me. We were best friends one day and the next she had made friends with a drama causer/ bad influence and completely dumped me. It's stupid and I really do try to ignore it but it is more than I can handle. Now I'm lonely in school(because we together had a small group of friends) . I have one other friend so that is good. I hope everything straightens out because she is still being rude to me. Tomorrow is flute auditions. I hope that goes well and I also hope I get my braces off tomorrow. Lots of HOPE. Right now I am watching American Idol with my wonderful family who is the best friend I'll always have. I love taking care of my little siblings. They are always so fun and make me so happy. My mom tries so hard to be a an amazing mother and I appreciate her so much. She is my best friend...

Almost a week already?

I swear I just wrote and yet it is two hours away from Wednesday again. You know sometimes I like to pretend that no one reads my blog and I just ignore the fact that I have anyone reading and then sometimes I just want to write directly to my family and friends that read the blog. I'm fickle like that I guess. This past weekend just seemed really great to me. Friday I felt really ill, just a bad cold but I chose to just stay down for the day and try to recover (cold mostly gone in 3 days by the way)so Friday night we did a pizza night. Aunt Jackie, I'm having the same problem with Fit for Life. I keep expanding my free days and also I am eating way out of control on the free day. A binge if you will. I need to rein in again. Superbowl Sunday and Valentine's Day did not help at all! Which brings me back to pizza night. I saw an ad for $10 pizzas from Pizza Hut. Domino's pizza- fine. Papa John's- I can pass, but when I saw that Pizza Hut special I had to ...