for my cousin Jess and her husband, Tony, to get here with their two beautiful kidlets. I am so excited. It is a gorgeous day, I ordered it especially for them. I requested fabulous weather all week, we'll see if my wish will be granted. I hope so. It is so gorgeous here and there is so much to do- OUTSIDE. Quick family update-
MIKE- just finished a very, very long two weeks of finals and projects. He spent many hours slaving away in the basement. He has emerged, squinting and blinking, blinded by the warm yellow sun. He got a 99 on his statistics final and doesn't even want to know what he got on his graphics final. I don't know any more details than that.
JANE- has been agonizing over which electives to take next year. She had chosen to be an aide in the autism classroom but then her yearbook teacher begged her to come be his senior editor next year and her jazz band teacher begged her to actually take jazz band since she will probably be the most experienced flautist (up until now she has been practicing with them on occasion, doing most of her practicing at home). The problem is, they are both the same period. The teachers have spoken to each other and Jane will be dividing her time equally between the two. I am trying to picture a time in my head when any teacher I EVER had would fight over me or request me. They were more than likely trying to give me away. Maybe when I was a library aide, maybe. Once I got to high school, No Way. So yes, we are proud of her.
SADIE- Sadie was chosen to help put on a skit for two assemblies at her school. She worked very hard at memorizing her parts and did a fabulous job. She is a very gifted little actress and has so much self confidence. It is really enjoyable to watch her in her drama class and when she pretends here at home. They announced the winners of the Read-a-thon at the end of the first assembly and I watched my little girl's eyes fill with tears as her name was not read. Cute little girl read for hours and hours but we also have a very busy life. I know you can't compensate for every little thing your child loses but Sadie did get a special award for the most reading for our family. She had been so dedicated and she helps so much with Ellyn and Sawyer here at home.
ELLYN- has been struggling with a cold for a week now. She missed a couple of days of school and has been kind of ornery. Every day she tries to get us to take her to the car for a drive. We have to make sure she gets out and about. She continues to progress and surprise us. We love it.
She has decided that she loves her bed and wants to play up there ALL THE TIME. So... we have to lock the door to her bedroom so she will hang out with us.
SAWYER aka Spiderman, Batman, Robin, depending on the time of day. Sawyer is awesome. I will share more later. I started this blog over a week ago and just got on to finish so I can move on. We have lots to tell about our week with Jess and Tony and little Indie and baby Eden.
Funny Sawyer story- tonight Mike and I had to run to the mall and we had Sawyer with us. As we walked past Victoria's Secret Sawyer giggled and pointed "Look Mom, Nakey girls!" Funny and a little sad actually. Well Sawyer is now unwrapping a roll of tape, time to go.
MIKE- just finished a very, very long two weeks of finals and projects. He spent many hours slaving away in the basement. He has emerged, squinting and blinking, blinded by the warm yellow sun. He got a 99 on his statistics final and doesn't even want to know what he got on his graphics final. I don't know any more details than that.
JANE- has been agonizing over which electives to take next year. She had chosen to be an aide in the autism classroom but then her yearbook teacher begged her to come be his senior editor next year and her jazz band teacher begged her to actually take jazz band since she will probably be the most experienced flautist (up until now she has been practicing with them on occasion, doing most of her practicing at home). The problem is, they are both the same period. The teachers have spoken to each other and Jane will be dividing her time equally between the two. I am trying to picture a time in my head when any teacher I EVER had would fight over me or request me. They were more than likely trying to give me away. Maybe when I was a library aide, maybe. Once I got to high school, No Way. So yes, we are proud of her.
SADIE- Sadie was chosen to help put on a skit for two assemblies at her school. She worked very hard at memorizing her parts and did a fabulous job. She is a very gifted little actress and has so much self confidence. It is really enjoyable to watch her in her drama class and when she pretends here at home. They announced the winners of the Read-a-thon at the end of the first assembly and I watched my little girl's eyes fill with tears as her name was not read. Cute little girl read for hours and hours but we also have a very busy life. I know you can't compensate for every little thing your child loses but Sadie did get a special award for the most reading for our family. She had been so dedicated and she helps so much with Ellyn and Sawyer here at home.
ELLYN- has been struggling with a cold for a week now. She missed a couple of days of school and has been kind of ornery. Every day she tries to get us to take her to the car for a drive. We have to make sure she gets out and about. She continues to progress and surprise us. We love it.
She has decided that she loves her bed and wants to play up there ALL THE TIME. So... we have to lock the door to her bedroom so she will hang out with us.
SAWYER aka Spiderman, Batman, Robin, depending on the time of day. Sawyer is awesome. I will share more later. I started this blog over a week ago and just got on to finish so I can move on. We have lots to tell about our week with Jess and Tony and little Indie and baby Eden.
Funny Sawyer story- tonight Mike and I had to run to the mall and we had Sawyer with us. As we walked past Victoria's Secret Sawyer giggled and pointed "Look Mom, Nakey girls!" Funny and a little sad actually. Well Sawyer is now unwrapping a roll of tape, time to go.
Comments