Meags says there are way more pics of stuff with the Stinchfields vs. stuff with the Bennetts. Yeah, that's because I cheated and stole all of their pics. We, however, spent equal time with both families. Some of the Bennett highlights included an entire day at Kid's Club, an indoor playground. It was awesome, Sawyer and Ellyn climbed everywhere. I was thrilled to see Ellie wanting to do it all. Grandma took a turn or two with her as well. All of the kids were sweaty and worn out and so were the adults. We followed that up with some 5 Guys- Cheeseburgers sent either from Heaven or from Hell. It depends on your point of view. We also took the kids to a great indoor pool with a water slide and that was a blast. I was not a huge fan of the day we went to the park and it was 29 degrees. I am a wimp and I hate being cold. Oh, a huge highlight had to be going to the water treatment facility. Not the most exciting but we were looking for activities to get the kids out and yet still be warm.
On New Year's Eve we drove up to Lacey and stayed at the retirement center that dad manages- I don't even know its name. Our little family made a side trip and made a visit to the Abersolds, our missionaries from Germany, on our way up. It was so wonderful to see them again. The kids were so excited when they found out where we were going. I don't know what I would have done without those two while we were in Germany. They were such an emotional support, and physical as well at times.

Our visit was too short (probably plenty long for them:) and then we were off for a festive evening with the 70-100 year old crowd. I'm sorry, I love celebrating New Year's at retirement homes. Yes, we've done it before. They celebrate East Coast time so 9 o'clock is the magic hour. We bring the grandkids in and dance and have a good time and the elders just love having all the young ones around. So many cheeks being pinched and heads being patted. Mike stayed in our apartment with Ellie and so I brought him back some chocolate covered strawberries. Mike and I babysat all the kids while the adults cleaned up the party and then we broke out the board games and played until 1 or so. The next morning was our New Year's Day run- mom, Mindi, Meags, and me. It was raining and cold and beautiful. We ran around a pond just below the capitol building in Olympia. It was a great way to start off the New Year. The rest of the day was spent at a My Museum, having a blast with all of the kids. Crafts, water tables, dress ups, pretend grocery store, and so much more. It kept us busy for hours. Then we came home and dad cooked us all a delicious Korean meal. It was amazing and made our entire apartment smell absolutely lovely.





On the second we drove up to Seattle and walked along the wharf. We ate at Ivar's and then walked up to Pike's Place Market. At that point Ellyn decided that the crowds at Pike's were too much and the Stinchfield clan left for a quick trip to Issaquah aka Sammamish. Along the way we took the kids past Mike's old elementary school, my old house, and my old high school. Then we were off to Megan and Kurt's.

We had a blast with the Claysons and it made me wish, like I always do, that we lived closer. We ate, played games, watched a movie, talked. It was awesome. Their little girls and ours got along wonderfully and Sawyer loved hanging out with Reece and watching him play Batman. I'm so happy we were able to spend time together.
The morning of the third we drove back to Stinchfields and had a final night together and at six o'clock Monday morning we headed back down to California. We were anxious to be back in our own home and to some sort of routine (especially for Ellyn) but we already missed everyone tremendously. Mike and I have decided, rain 9 months out of the year or not, if Washington is where our family be there we be eventually as well. What can we say? We love our family, they mean everything to us.
On New Year's Eve we drove up to Lacey and stayed at the retirement center that dad manages- I don't even know its name. Our little family made a side trip and made a visit to the Abersolds, our missionaries from Germany, on our way up. It was so wonderful to see them again. The kids were so excited when they found out where we were going. I don't know what I would have done without those two while we were in Germany. They were such an emotional support, and physical as well at times.
Our visit was too short (probably plenty long for them:) and then we were off for a festive evening with the 70-100 year old crowd. I'm sorry, I love celebrating New Year's at retirement homes. Yes, we've done it before. They celebrate East Coast time so 9 o'clock is the magic hour. We bring the grandkids in and dance and have a good time and the elders just love having all the young ones around. So many cheeks being pinched and heads being patted. Mike stayed in our apartment with Ellie and so I brought him back some chocolate covered strawberries. Mike and I babysat all the kids while the adults cleaned up the party and then we broke out the board games and played until 1 or so. The next morning was our New Year's Day run- mom, Mindi, Meags, and me. It was raining and cold and beautiful. We ran around a pond just below the capitol building in Olympia. It was a great way to start off the New Year. The rest of the day was spent at a My Museum, having a blast with all of the kids. Crafts, water tables, dress ups, pretend grocery store, and so much more. It kept us busy for hours. Then we came home and dad cooked us all a delicious Korean meal. It was amazing and made our entire apartment smell absolutely lovely.
On the second we drove up to Seattle and walked along the wharf. We ate at Ivar's and then walked up to Pike's Place Market. At that point Ellyn decided that the crowds at Pike's were too much and the Stinchfield clan left for a quick trip to Issaquah aka Sammamish. Along the way we took the kids past Mike's old elementary school, my old house, and my old high school. Then we were off to Megan and Kurt's.
We had a blast with the Claysons and it made me wish, like I always do, that we lived closer. We ate, played games, watched a movie, talked. It was awesome. Their little girls and ours got along wonderfully and Sawyer loved hanging out with Reece and watching him play Batman. I'm so happy we were able to spend time together.
The morning of the third we drove back to Stinchfields and had a final night together and at six o'clock Monday morning we headed back down to California. We were anxious to be back in our own home and to some sort of routine (especially for Ellyn) but we already missed everyone tremendously. Mike and I have decided, rain 9 months out of the year or not, if Washington is where our family be there we be eventually as well. What can we say? We love our family, they mean everything to us.
Comments
~Julie