The other day I was up really early, I can't remember why. I was in the kitchen and Jane walked in and gave me a hug. She was smiling and kind of laughing. I asked her what was up and why she was awake. She said that Sadie kept laughing in her sleep and it woke her up. Then she heard Sadie giggle and say (in her sleep mind you), "I don't think blue hair was a good idea."
Last night was our ward Christmas party. Jane played a solo on her flute, "The First Noel." She did a beautiful job, so calm playing for over 200 people. I am so excited with her progress and love of the flute. We played little Christmas duets (me on the piano) for about 40 minutes yesterday afternoon. Ellyn was watching a movie, but she kept coming over and pulling my head toward her and giving me big smooches right on the mouth. It was so cute and I loved it, but I also knew after a few such kisses that she had a motive. Ellyn gives kisses when she doesn't want you doing what you are doing- holding her, brushing her hair, wiping her hands,... interrupting her movie.
Back to the ward Christmas party. Mike and I were using dessert as a means for keeping the youngest two quiet and entertained during the program. We had finished off the last of our carrot cake when they made an announcement between numbers that there was still plenty of dessert available. So... I collected two more pieces of chocolate cake. I returned to the table and as I set them down, Sawyer gave an excited gasp, looked at me and exclaimed "Good job mom!" Mike and I were dying.
I sat in Sacrament Meeting today, Sawyer on my lap, Michael by my side. Sadie was sitting next to her dad, Ellyn between Jane and me, her head on Jane's lap, Jane rubbing her back. I could feel tears filling my eyes as I felt love and gratitude for my family absolutely overwhelming me. I am so blessed. My family fills my life with so much meaning, so much joy. They are all so loving and good to each other. Our life is sweet indeed.
Last night was our ward Christmas party. Jane played a solo on her flute, "The First Noel." She did a beautiful job, so calm playing for over 200 people. I am so excited with her progress and love of the flute. We played little Christmas duets (me on the piano) for about 40 minutes yesterday afternoon. Ellyn was watching a movie, but she kept coming over and pulling my head toward her and giving me big smooches right on the mouth. It was so cute and I loved it, but I also knew after a few such kisses that she had a motive. Ellyn gives kisses when she doesn't want you doing what you are doing- holding her, brushing her hair, wiping her hands,... interrupting her movie.
Back to the ward Christmas party. Mike and I were using dessert as a means for keeping the youngest two quiet and entertained during the program. We had finished off the last of our carrot cake when they made an announcement between numbers that there was still plenty of dessert available. So... I collected two more pieces of chocolate cake. I returned to the table and as I set them down, Sawyer gave an excited gasp, looked at me and exclaimed "Good job mom!" Mike and I were dying.
I sat in Sacrament Meeting today, Sawyer on my lap, Michael by my side. Sadie was sitting next to her dad, Ellyn between Jane and me, her head on Jane's lap, Jane rubbing her back. I could feel tears filling my eyes as I felt love and gratitude for my family absolutely overwhelming me. I am so blessed. My family fills my life with so much meaning, so much joy. They are all so loving and good to each other. Our life is sweet indeed.
Comments