YW Name: Jane Stinchfield
What flower is your daughter most alike? I chose a Poppy
Why? (please explain below) I love seeing a meadow full of Poppies. They are bright and beautiful. They can flourish all over the Northern Hemisphere. They aren't pretentious, but they are gorgeous. They each have their own stalk. They are one of the first flowers to bloom in the spring, hardy little things. Poppies are used to symbolize dreaminess and imagination.
My Jane is a poppy, a dreamy thinker with so much imagination. Jane can bloom ANYWHERE she is planted and has done so her entire life. She is the first to put on a happy face and brave the bad weather life can sometimes blow her way. Jane can stand on her own two feet, like the single stalk, and do what she knows is right. She doesn't need to be clustered around others to be good. Finally, when I think of a poppy, which can come in several colors, I think of the orange ones and that reminds me of Jane's beautiful strawberry blond hair.
Please share a gift or talent your daughter has that makes her stand out in the Lords garden?
Jane is an incredible nurturer. There are few children these days that have had to take on as much responsibility as Jane has shouldered in the past few years. Jane works hard and takes amazing care of her siblings. She is especially wonderful with her little sister Ellyn. She is patient and kind and is always trying new ways to make Ellyn happy and make Ellyn feel loved and cared for in our family. Jane has many wonderful talents but I feel that this talent of nurturing others will serve her best throughout her life as she toils in the Lord's garden.
What are your dreams for her as she blossoms into womanhood?
I want Jane to be truly happy. I want her to have a real sense of self, to know she is a child of God, and that He has a plan for her. I want her to seek the path that brings eternal joy and not temporary gratification. I want Jane to feel free to explore her interests and find those things that spark her imagination and feed her intellect and I want her to pursue those interests through study and life's experiences. I want Jane to go to a good college and get her degree so that she is prepared for a career if life throws her a curve ball. I want Jane to find a good, worthy young man that she can marry and love for eternity. I want Jane to have beautiful children, maybe even one that talks as much as she does. I want Jane to endure to the end and return to our Father in Heaven and to our family.
As the gardener(s), what is one thing you would like to share with your flower to help her grow and blossom this year and in the future?
I want Jane to know that there is so much in life that is worth the effort. True joy comes through hard work and serving others. "We reap what we sow." If we plant the seeds and nurture and tend to whatever it is we are trying to do we will reap the rewards for our labors. Jane might not always have complete success but she will know that she did her best.
I want Jane to know that her family, her parents, will always love her more than she could possibly know and that her Heavenly Father loves her more than any of us can possibly comprehend. Jane is a beautiful flower, blooming for all to see. We are so proud of her.
Comments
Love,
Barb
Love your long lost cousin
Jill