I hate creative messes. If my kids wanted to be creative in the past they could do so through their imagination- go read a book, play dress ups, spend time outside... just don't involve me and glue, paper scraps, glitter. You know, all of that crafty creative crap. Save crafts for school and play groups, library story time. My curse is not that I have a child with autism but that for the past year or two even I have had to fill her life with creative messes- which fills Sawyer's life with creative messes, and Sadie's, and definitely mine. My floor now permanently finds itself ornamented with bits of playdough, beans, crayon pieces, and sudsy water from the sink. Dog toys too, but that is another blog for another time.
I am so happy the weather is turning warm. Creative messes will be moved outside for as long as absolutely possible. All I can say is good thing I like these kids. It's just too bad I can't just give them each a book and tell them to enjoy the afternoon. Now that's a great way to spend one's time.
Hmm...this makes it sound like I don't like spending time with my kids. I do. We could all sit next to each other with our books. Maybe play a little "footsie."
Comments
We love you and hope you're feeling better.
Love, Grandma Barb and PaPa