I'll tell you, because jotting down a few quick notes on the past weekend is infinitely more entertaining than washing a sink full of dishes. So I will stall for five minutes.
This weekend we did nothing. It was actually great. Friday night Charlotte spent the night. Jane gave me the best compliment ever the next morning when she told me that "it's just more fun when it is just our family." Saturday our main sewage line clogged (roots, thank goodness) and sent forth a stream of raw sewage out the corner of my garage. Luckily some of the water dripped on my fire alarm that I had resting on my deep freeze. So... our plans to go out were cancelled and we spent the day hosting our faithful plumber.
I was so proud of my girls though. Jane played with Ellyn, Sadie read Ellie stories, Jane worked on a musical piece she's writing for her flute, Sadie read Harry Potter. They were so good to each other. Saturday night we ran to the store and got all the toppings we needed for banana splits and ate huge bowls of ice cream. My freezer space was nonexistent thanks to about 5 half gallons of half eaten ice cream (Mike loves icecream and makes sure we all eat it when he is home. I didn't have his help) and... I had a bag of chicken from the commissary falling at my feet every time I opened the door.
Sunday we arrived at church, looking lovely, and fifteen minutes later we were leaving. Sawyer threw up all over the two of us. He continued to throw up every 45 minutes or so for the next four hours, then settled down, got himself a fever, and slept. I held him all day long. We watched the Super Bowl pre-game show and the Super Bowl. Then, while he was sleeping, we made pineapple chicken sandwiches and went to bed. Not too exciting, but we had a good day. Jane and Ellyn both took nice long naps. Sawyer has completely recovered I am happy to say.
Okay, it's been nine minutes and I have to go. Megan comes tomorrow and I am so excited. Joe growled at Sawyer again yesterday (Sawyer came to sit down next to me and accidentally sat on part of Joe). Vicious growl. The dogs are finally potty trained and doing so well but I am afraid that means we are done. Mike and I are "thinking on it." What do you risk? Any input or experience would be great. Ciao.
This weekend we did nothing. It was actually great. Friday night Charlotte spent the night. Jane gave me the best compliment ever the next morning when she told me that "it's just more fun when it is just our family." Saturday our main sewage line clogged (roots, thank goodness) and sent forth a stream of raw sewage out the corner of my garage. Luckily some of the water dripped on my fire alarm that I had resting on my deep freeze. So... our plans to go out were cancelled and we spent the day hosting our faithful plumber.
I was so proud of my girls though. Jane played with Ellyn, Sadie read Ellie stories, Jane worked on a musical piece she's writing for her flute, Sadie read Harry Potter. They were so good to each other. Saturday night we ran to the store and got all the toppings we needed for banana splits and ate huge bowls of ice cream. My freezer space was nonexistent thanks to about 5 half gallons of half eaten ice cream (Mike loves icecream and makes sure we all eat it when he is home. I didn't have his help) and... I had a bag of chicken from the commissary falling at my feet every time I opened the door.
Sunday we arrived at church, looking lovely, and fifteen minutes later we were leaving. Sawyer threw up all over the two of us. He continued to throw up every 45 minutes or so for the next four hours, then settled down, got himself a fever, and slept. I held him all day long. We watched the Super Bowl pre-game show and the Super Bowl. Then, while he was sleeping, we made pineapple chicken sandwiches and went to bed. Not too exciting, but we had a good day. Jane and Ellyn both took nice long naps. Sawyer has completely recovered I am happy to say.
Okay, it's been nine minutes and I have to go. Megan comes tomorrow and I am so excited. Joe growled at Sawyer again yesterday (Sawyer came to sit down next to me and accidentally sat on part of Joe). Vicious growl. The dogs are finally potty trained and doing so well but I am afraid that means we are done. Mike and I are "thinking on it." What do you risk? Any input or experience would be great. Ciao.
Comments