"Brooke & Megan: A History"
This was a Daddy/Daughter campout. I'm thinking summer before 5th grade.
Here we are singing "The Teddy Bear Picnic" at a ward talent show. 5th grade maybe? We both are confused as to why we had to look like the parents of the bears. Poor Brooke had to wear her brother Adam's suit and be the boy, I'm sure because she's taller.
5th grade again, gotta love that short hair.

Here we are singing "The Teddy Bear Picnic" at a ward talent show. 5th grade maybe? We both are confused as to why we had to look like the parents of the bears. Poor Brooke had to wear her brother Adam's suit and be the boy, I'm sure because she's taller.
5th grade again, gotta love that short hair.
Here we jump to 10th grade at a stake dance. 9th & 10th grade were the funnest years ever and it was rare for us to miss a dance.

I think for 3-4 years in a row Brooke's mom was kind enough to let me tag along on their trip to BYU Education Week. Every year was a blast. I think this was either the summer after 10th or 11th grade. Please don't ask what we're doing in a fountain. It was hot and we were teenagers who thought we were the hottest thing since sliced bread. What more can I say? But don't we look happy? :-)
This is Homecoming Junior year. Aren't we
We both worked as Dining Room Hostesses at Bellewood Retirement Home. Oh my gosh this was such a fun job. I know this was Senior year because of our hair.
Seniors Honor Dinner at church. We're both thrilled to be graduating, we were a bit nervous after skipping our class - War & Peace so much... oops.
Graduation! 1992... oh so long ago. How can that be?
March 1993. In the airport waiting for the flight to carry Kurt, baby Matthew and me to Alaska.
December 1993. Brooke's reception.
Yes, we're still dorks. We jump now to present day.

Here are a few more from my trip...
Brooke's girls - Ellyn, Sadie, Jane & me freezing on the beach.
Brooke & Sawyer at the aquarium.

We've gotten together every few years since getting married, having our families and living thousands of miles apart. Sadly, no pictures of us, just our kids. We were better this time to get some of us, even if we are singing in her shower and modeling shampoo. I'm so glad our friendship has stayed so strong and even with years between visits it's just as much fun as ever. Love you Brookie!
Comments