Reuniting
My favorite memory of '08 is the reunification of our family. November 26th was the best night in the world. Dad had been in Germany for 1 year and three months. Tonight he was coming home. We were working our butts off that day, cleaning. He was coming in at 6:55p.m. I can't even begin to describe how excited I was. Finally it was time to get dressed. We all got dressed in cute outfits for the occasion and got in the car. On our way there, there was tons of of traffic, very annoying. Once it was about 13 minutes till we got to the airport we were really stressed and it was already seven O' clock. Mom's exact words when I asked if she was OK were, "The last thing I would want right now is for your dad to come out of customs and us not be there." When we got to the parking garage there was a spot right in front of us. We parked and jumped out the car, got the kids loaded into the stroller and ran for the waiting area, looked at the flight board and it said "DELAYED: till 8:30" We were bummed but we thought at least we got a chance to slow down. So we fed the kids their dinner because they had been asleep in the car. There was a big TV in the area that was hooked to a camera to see who was coming next from the flight. So the second it was 8:30 I stood below the TV and waited and waited and waited and finally we saw dad on the camera and ran to the rope and he came out. Sadie and I ran over and gave him hugs and he came and gave everybody else hugs and then... they started walking away, leaving ME with dad's huge bags. They called for me and I replied back,"Um... I can't really come". So mom and dad came back laughing and we all took a piece of luggage, got to the car, and went home.
Comments
Kristen Hess