Christmas is coming and there is magic in the air in our cabin in the hills. We have just had a wonderful weekend and the week is starting off great as well. Saturday the young women in our ward, including our beautiful Miss Jane, babysat in the Tri-stake center next to the Oakland temple so that everyone in our ward who wished to could attend the temple. It was a very blessed gift, a wonderful way to begin the month. Our whole family drove up to the temple together, including the puppies in their crates. Two young women dedicated themselves entirely to the care of the charming Sawyer, Jane helped, as did one of the young men. Hmmm.... hopefully the other children were watched over with such loving care.
Sunday was fast Sunday and also one of my favorite events of the whole year, the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Mike hooked Jane's lap top up to our old big t.v. in our bedroom and all of us piled on the bed to watch. Pres. Uchtdorf 's talk was especially touching to me. I loved his stories and I loved the images that filled my head as he recalled the Christmases of his youth in our beloved Germany. It was a such a good Sunday, Christmas music, grilled salmon and corn on the cob, yummy brownies. At the very end of the night Mike turned on Bill Cosby as himself and the kids got to hear "Dad is great, he gives us chocolate cake." Can I emphasize enough how much I love having Mike back with us? Love it (he took Ellyn during Sacrament too).
Yesterday we went to Ellyn's OT appointment and ran errands and did Christmas shopping and Jane babysat herself and Sadie after school and did a fabulous job. We didn't get home until 7 and they were so brave and good to each other. I love those girls. Well it is time to go wake up little Ellie for school. Blog out.
Sunday was fast Sunday and also one of my favorite events of the whole year, the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Mike hooked Jane's lap top up to our old big t.v. in our bedroom and all of us piled on the bed to watch. Pres. Uchtdorf 's talk was especially touching to me. I loved his stories and I loved the images that filled my head as he recalled the Christmases of his youth in our beloved Germany. It was a such a good Sunday, Christmas music, grilled salmon and corn on the cob, yummy brownies. At the very end of the night Mike turned on Bill Cosby as himself and the kids got to hear "Dad is great, he gives us chocolate cake." Can I emphasize enough how much I love having Mike back with us? Love it (he took Ellyn during Sacrament too).
Yesterday we went to Ellyn's OT appointment and ran errands and did Christmas shopping and Jane babysat herself and Sadie after school and did a fabulous job. We didn't get home until 7 and they were so brave and good to each other. I love those girls. Well it is time to go wake up little Ellie for school. Blog out.
Comments
I have Christmas lights to get up the next few days, starting tonight.
Miss Jane....is that a name coined by the Dad or the Mom. I think it'll stick. L/ PaPa