Skip to main content

Memorial Day Weekend

We just had a wonderful weekend. The kind that makes leaving Germany really hard. Friday night we met my friend Ann-Christin and her family and some other families from the Bamberg ward at the Rabenstein Castle for their Middle Ages Festival. Everyone dresses in their "Middle Ages" clothing. They have all sorts of tents with crafts that any good "granola" would love and other tents where they demonstrate skills and ways of life from oh so long ago. Then they put on a mock fight in the middle of a field and at the end they let all the kids come in and "attack" the soldiers. Of course there is also some great food. We drove through beautiful little villages to get there as well and had a wonderful afternoon/evening. Then we made it back by 8:30, in time for Jane to go to a "campout" at our friend's house. Saturday we did some work, got the oil changed, went for a walk, and then Saturday night the girls' favorite babysitter, a young woman from our ward, came over and I went out with some girlfriends to a little Biergarten for dinner. It was a fabulous evening, very relaxing. Sunday we had friends over for dinner, a little on the chaotic side, but still fun. Then yesterday we went to Playmobil with a huge group of families. I brought my babysitter with me again, which was the smartest thing I've done all month. Jane got to play with all of her friends, Ashley and I took Ellyn, Sawyer and Sadie around. There were quite a few times that Ellyn and Sawyer would both be happy and busy and then one of us would get to go play with Sadie. She also had a million friends there as well so everyone was feeling the love. We came home exhausted and happy. I loved that Jane could just play without any responsibilities, she needed it. I think I am going to have to kidnap Ashley when we move. My kids love her.

So school began again. It is getting harder and harder to stay on a schedule. It just got dark and it is 10:30. With soccer we rarely eat our actual dinner until 7:30. Speaking of soccer. Jane is going to be goalie at the next game. The two goalies that
we had are leaving to go train on a traveling team and the coach has been trying out different kids and wants Jane to do it. She has been goal keeper a few times and has done pretty well. I just hate all the balls aimed at her.

Other news. I had a dentist appt. today. My first since right after I had Ellyn and yes- I have no cavities. Oh what a lovely feeling. Sadie has her top front tooth dangling from her mouth right now. The little girl smile will be gone forever. That is kind of a sad feeling. On the other hand, Sawyer's first tooth poked through this weekend. Way sooner than any of my other kids. He is also crawling and he pulled himself up to a standing position. He is so strong. He is also a huge flirt. He smiles and coos at everyone. My neighbor is in love with him. She held him for almost an hour yesterday. He even fell asleep on her chest. He makes us all so happy.

Well I have got to go to bed. I am pooped and I have so much to do this week. Why I chose to have Sadie's b-day at the house I know not. I'm insane. On that note I will end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MICHAEL IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!

My Michael is coming home . You can't just say it. You have to SING it. Tomorrow my tall, strong, gorgeous, husband will be here and it will be beautiful. He will nestle into the life of our family and we will have him with us, here, in our house, in our family . He'll help put on jammies and read stories, and tutor Jane in math. He'll take me on dates and wrestle at least one child during sacrament meeting. He'll snuggle me in bed at night and nuzzle my neck while I'm doing dishes. We'll go for walks and play games and watch movies and do fun family Saturday stuff. He'll help carry a kid down to the car and then he'll drive while I put on my makeup ! We love him, we know how much he loves us. We can't wait! Don't worry, I won't work him to death. I won't make him cook dinner every night for the next 10 months or hand over the kids and take off to the spa for the weekend (tempting, but... no). We just want him HERE. I kee...

Fun weeks!!!

These past two weeks- three weeks have been quite fun. Up till now school has been really hard. With friends and work. This Jenna that I beleive has already been mentioned is really mean to me. We were best friends one day and the next she had made friends with a drama causer/ bad influence and completely dumped me. It's stupid and I really do try to ignore it but it is more than I can handle. Now I'm lonely in school(because we together had a small group of friends) . I have one other friend so that is good. I hope everything straightens out because she is still being rude to me. Tomorrow is flute auditions. I hope that goes well and I also hope I get my braces off tomorrow. Lots of HOPE. Right now I am watching American Idol with my wonderful family who is the best friend I'll always have. I love taking care of my little siblings. They are always so fun and make me so happy. My mom tries so hard to be a an amazing mother and I appreciate her so much. She is my best friend...

Almost a week already?

I swear I just wrote and yet it is two hours away from Wednesday again. You know sometimes I like to pretend that no one reads my blog and I just ignore the fact that I have anyone reading and then sometimes I just want to write directly to my family and friends that read the blog. I'm fickle like that I guess. This past weekend just seemed really great to me. Friday I felt really ill, just a bad cold but I chose to just stay down for the day and try to recover (cold mostly gone in 3 days by the way)so Friday night we did a pizza night. Aunt Jackie, I'm having the same problem with Fit for Life. I keep expanding my free days and also I am eating way out of control on the free day. A binge if you will. I need to rein in again. Superbowl Sunday and Valentine's Day did not help at all! Which brings me back to pizza night. I saw an ad for $10 pizzas from Pizza Hut. Domino's pizza- fine. Papa John's- I can pass, but when I saw that Pizza Hut special I had to ...