The year 2020, really, there is no great place to begin. And so I will present to you, Loki, the Covid cat.
Our internet search began for a cat that we could rescue, close to home, that would love two dogs, and was already declawed (because I would not do that to a cat, and yet I have a new, beautiful leather couch that I really did not want attacked). After great effort, I found him. Loki, the Covid cat.
We all love him. At night he travels from room to room, taking turns snuggling with each family member. During the day he can be found lazing on top of the piano, drinking out of the dogs' water dish, or stretched out in the sun at the back door.
He meows for Mike to give him treats every morning, and when we stay up too late, he meows for us to go to bed. Teddy is wary of him, but they are friends, Jasper and Ellyn mostly ignore him, but like him. Mike is his favorite, please note that he was my Mother's Day present (this means that Mike put up with my hours of internet searching, Zoom interview calls, and driving to a shelter in the middle of nowhere on a Saturday, twice (see scariest cat reference) with zero complaint, and his blessing.
This, the adoption of Loki, is the least traumatizing, most soothing means of bringing Breezy Fields into the Shit Show that is 2020. This is the end of this post, and possibly the beginning of many others. However, I know I have said that before.


Comments